Reply 15000 of 52808, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stamasd wrote:
jheronimus wrote:

I can't find the DSP version

The DSP version is written on the smaller square chip located directly below the first of the 2 larger square chips at the top of the card. The image you posted is of too low quality for me to be able to read it.

(edit) the chip circled below

Thanks!

It says CT1741 v4.11. Looks like it's affected by the hanging note bug.

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 15001 of 52808, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

Finished restoring the Huynday Super-386C pc I got some time ago... it's a 1989 cacheless 386DX-20 pc with a dead 40MB ST251-1 HDD+controller, dual FDD (1.2MB and 1.44MB) and a Realtek 512kb VGA with Greek characters in the ROM.

Πολύ ωραία!

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 15002 of 52808, by mmx_91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Those MIR combo backplates (USB + ps2) can be also found on many PCchips boards from that period. It's a good source to get them from usually crappy boards to use them in Asus ones 😀

Reply 15003 of 52808, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After a year of desperate search I've FINALLY got a boxed Aureal SQ2500 with all original items included, the box seems to be in a well preserved condition!
I really needed this to complement my SQ3500 Turbo prototype!
Hell yeaaaaahh!

Attachments

• SQ2500 boxed.jpg
    Filename
    SQ2500 boxed.jpg
    File size
    907.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 15004 of 52808, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought a lot of 3 unknown chipset PCI Video Cards for $13 shipped. I'm also currently bidding on an another lot (Sound Cards)

V0gQaVC.jpg

Not sure what these cards are.

I THINK the top is a Trident
I'd BET the Apac branded card is an S3/Virge
And the other, well, if anyone has any idea what it is let me know.

I mostly just bought them because I needed some cards I felt would do ok in pure DPS (which means most PCI cards) for 2D games like Star Trek a Final Unity

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 15005 of 52808, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Top card might be a Jaton (Trident 9685) card.

Looks like this one right here, but without the RCA and S-Video headers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaton-Tvga9685pci-826 … d-/150720475976

Reply 15006 of 52808, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finally got some decent Radeon cards. I mostly got Nvidia stuff and my fastest card is a 6770.

Got two 6970 cards, a CrossFire pair, also with the bridges. They both work fine, need a bit of cleaning, but happy to have them 😀

9pkdypFl.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 15007 of 52808, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Finally got some decent Radeon cards. I mostly got Nvidia stuff and my fastest card is a 6770. […]
Show full quote

Finally got some decent Radeon cards. I mostly got Nvidia stuff and my fastest card is a 6770.

Got two 6790 cards, a CrossFire pair, also with the bridges. They both work fine, need a bit of cleaning, but happy to have them 😀

9pkdypFl.jpg

That's a 6970, not a 6790 😜 At least if the shroud is accurate. I just retired mine earlier this week; hot and noisy thing. My GTX1070 is so much better.

Reply 15008 of 52808, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Lukeno94 wrote:

That's a 6970, not a 6790

Was going to say the same thing. I am very fond of the 6970s. I used one in my main computer for quite a while, worked like a charm; only stopped using it when I upgraded to a 7970 (its big brother) which I still use now. And my main laptop - the one I'm typing this on - has the mobile version of the 6970; has served me well for many years, and continues to. The 6970 is not retro. 😀

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 15009 of 52808, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lukeno94 wrote:

That's a 6970, not a 6790 😜 At least if the shroud is accurate. I just retired mine earlier this week; hot and noisy thing. My GTX1070 is so much better.

Yea that's what I meant 😀

I only tried it for a short while, it's not as bad as the GTX 480, and I think this card is on a similar performance level.

Reply 15010 of 52808, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:

I only tried it for a short while, it's not as bad as the GTX 480, and I think this card is on a similar performance level.

Be aware that those fans occasionally lose the plot and just run flat out regardless of what's going on!

Reply 15011 of 52808, by Kadath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:

I'm owner of Asus GTX480 1.5GB - Bought months ago with box and everything, a large and thirsty beast: power consumption a part, why is that board so bad for you? Just for curiosity, I'm using it on my 'modern' main rig, and it seems to me still powerful today.

First comes smiles,
then lies.
Last is gunfire.

Reply 15012 of 52808, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The heat and noise is pretty extreme. Performance wise no doubt, it's a fine card. The Radeon cards I tried today were cooler and quieter. There was a hot spot at the back, but on the 480, the entire card was radiating heat and I just didn't feel comfortable to be honest.

Reply 15013 of 52808, by Kadath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

The heat and noise is pretty extreme. Performance wise no doubt, it's a fine card. The Radeon cards I tried today were cooler and quieter. There was a hot spot at the back, but on the 480, the entire card was radiating heat and I just didn't feel comfortable to be honest.

Thanks Phil, I can understand your reason for sure - I didn't notice all that extreme temp. though... of course not commonly mid temp., but not so worrying - in idle how does it manage its temperature?

First comes smiles,
then lies.
Last is gunfire.

Reply 15015 of 52808, by Kadath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

No idea. I only tested it after it arrived so I can give eBay feedback 😀

The GTX480?

First comes smiles,
then lies.
Last is gunfire.

Reply 15016 of 52808, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been vacuuming up Slot A parts that are available locally for a while now, I got a Asus K7M mainboard and a 700MHz Athlon Thunderbird this week. The K7M is one of those boards that use the AMD Northbridge, but a VIA southbridge. I love having one 😀 The CPU is my first Thunderbird Slot A part.

I also ordered an Audician 32 plus card after reading about it on this forum.

L0gLgiUl.jpg?1

cBkY1F1l.jpg?1

1982 to 2001

Reply 15017 of 52808, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
Bought a lot of 3 unknown chipset PCI Video Cards for $13 shipped. I'm also currently bidding on an another lot (Sound Cards) […]
Show full quote

Bought a lot of 3 unknown chipset PCI Video Cards for $13 shipped. I'm also currently bidding on an another lot (Sound Cards)

V0gQaVC.jpg

Not sure what these cards are.

I THINK the top is a Trident
I'd BET the Apac branded card is an S3/Virge
And the other, well, if anyone has any idea what it is let me know.

I mostly just bought them because I needed some cards I felt would do ok in pure DPS (which means most PCI cards) for 2D games like Star Trek a Final Unity

The apac is a Apac s3375, a s3 trio64v2/dx.
The picture is to blurry to read the other cards.

Reply 15018 of 52808, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I can't complain about the Audician. For the price, it is a good card. (Taking in that they are brand new)
Shure there are some issue about the OPL not being 110% correctly sounding.
Yet it is nothing, when you look at cards like SB-Live or Ensoniq Audio-PCI. (wich is a horror story)

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 15019 of 52808, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
I can't complain about the Audician. For the price, it is a good card. (Taking in that they are brand new) Shure there are some […]
Show full quote
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I can't complain about the Audician. For the price, it is a good card. (Taking in that they are brand new)
Shure there are some issue about the OPL not being 110% correctly sounding.
Yet it is nothing, when you look at cards like SB-Live or Ensoniq Audio-PCI. (wich is a horror story)

There's no pleasing you, is there? Even a YMF262 doesn't sound 110% like itself. 😀

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O