VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 17940 of 52778, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Went to a flea market near my grandparents when traveling and stopped by a really nice Russian guys stand with computer parts again. Some GeForce and Radeon cards, three zip drives, a floppy drive, sealed zip and floppy disks, two SB Live cards, two 40 gig hard drives, aaaand..

A 3dfx Voodoo3!!!

The voodoo was 3 bucks but altogether everything was 52 dollars. I am so happy, this is the second 3dfx product I own 😁

Attachments

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 17941 of 52778, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Geez I think I unleashed some ancient 3Dfx seal : since last week where I've found 10 of them, I see the exact same model to appear everywhere on the internet 😮 (yours is also a dell v1.10 without the tv connector just like mine)

I personnally prefer my SLI, but these are for sure coming handy ^^

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 17942 of 52778, by xplus93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Deksor wrote:

Geez I think I unleashed some ancient 3Dfx seal : since last week where I've found 10 of them, I see the exact same model to appear everywhere on the internet 😮 (yours is also a dell v1.10 without the tv connector just like mine)

I personnally prefer my SLI, but these are for sure coming handy ^^

I got one today as well, along with my 3rd 5500. The 5500 is most likely dead though. Pics and details will be in my pickup thread soon.

XPS 466V|486-DX2|64MB|#9 GXE 1MB|SB32 PnP
Presario 4814|PMMX-233|128MB|Trio64
XPS R450|PII-450|384MB|TNT2 Pro| TB Montego
XPS B1000r|PIII-1GHz|512MB|GF2 PRO 64MB|SB Live!
XPS Gen2|P4 EE 3.4|2GB|GF 6800 GT OC|Audigy 2

Reply 17944 of 52778, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cj_reha wrote:

A 3dfx Voodoo3!!!

The voodoo was 3 bucks but altogether everything was 52 dollars. I am so happy, this is the second 3dfx product I own 😁

The one I just picked up will be for the Bethesda game Redguard mostly as the GOG version with emulated Glide is iffy at best on performance. Looking forward to it. I have the exact same v1.10 card except mine has a Gateway label. They are nice and compact with a simple design. I like it.

Reply 17945 of 52778, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cj_reha wrote:

Went to a flea market near my grandparents when traveling and stopped by a really nice Russian guys stand with computer parts again. Some GeForce and Radeon cards, three zip drives, a floppy drive, sealed zip and floppy disks, two SB Live cards, two 40 gig hard drives, aaaand..

A 3dfx Voodoo3!!!

Finishing up testing cards and apparently one of the cards is a GeForce 256 32MB. Not sure if SDR or DDR yet, will try to see in a bit.

Reply 17946 of 52778, by xplus93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a sweet ALR 486 system but it won't post. It get to the point where it is supposed to count the ram and then just sits and does nothing. I'm thinking it's a dead dallas clock chip.

XPS 466V|486-DX2|64MB|#9 GXE 1MB|SB32 PnP
Presario 4814|PMMX-233|128MB|Trio64
XPS R450|PII-450|384MB|TNT2 Pro| TB Montego
XPS B1000r|PIII-1GHz|512MB|GF2 PRO 64MB|SB Live!
XPS Gen2|P4 EE 3.4|2GB|GF 6800 GT OC|Audigy 2

Reply 17947 of 52778, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cj_reha wrote:
cj_reha wrote:

A 3dfx Voodoo3!!!

Finishing up testing cards and apparently one of the cards is a GeForce 256 32MB. Not sure if SDR or DDR yet, will try to see in a bit.

Post a picture and I can tell you. DDR memory modules are fewer and more square where as SDR modules are rectangular and more abundant.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 17948 of 52778, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
cj_reha wrote:
cj_reha wrote:

A 3dfx Voodoo3!!!

Post a picture and I can tell you. DDR memory modules are fewer and more square where as SDR modules are rectangular and more abundant.

Attachments

• 20170723_020917.jpg
    Filename
    20170723_020917.jpg
    File size
    4.26 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 17951 of 52778, by WildW

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

EV700? I own one. They also sold those under the CrystalScan brand. Not sure who made the tube but there rock solid. Mine has an older firmware and lacks color adjustments though. Rock solid otherwise, mine has developed very very very minor convergence issues though. Not noticable most of the time or at 1024x768 or lower. I use mine as my main 90s retro monitor.

I'm curious what's the manufacture date on yours and do you by any chance know what model attachable speakers work with these? They have mounting rails but I've never been able to find the part number to acquire the speakers.

Also, I want your wall paper if possible...

Manufacture date says May 1999 which fits with the PC spec. The controls on it seem a lot more advanced than on the monitor it replaced - I've actually been able to get the image square and straight =)

Wallpaper can be found here http://www.wildw.co.uk/images/return1024.jpg

Reply 17952 of 52778, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Continuing last weeks trend of €1 purchases...an Audician 32 with an IDE connection 😀

P_20170723_205158.jpg
Filename
P_20170723_205158.jpg
File size
843.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 17953 of 52778, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Munx wrote:

Continuing last weeks trend of €1 purchases...an Audician 32 with an IDE connection 😀

P_20170723_205158.jpg

A dual crystal version, excellent. Should be good for 44.1 and 48k sampling.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 17954 of 52778, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wonder if those that don't have any IDE connector can't be easily modded to have the port. I mean the traces are there, there is no additionnal chip for this so all that seems to need is an IDE connector and maybe some hidden jumpers somewhere that needs to be toggled

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 17955 of 52778, by luisile

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It needs to compare both pcb.if there no any more chips to do the ide part then it is likely only firmware issue. As i dont own this card i can not say more..

Quick update:
If you compare the pictures of both cards ide and non ide - on non ide is mising few components ( crystal and few capacitors) so i think thre must be firmware difference as there is an eeprom right under the main chip..

Reply 17956 of 52778, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I found my self something feather rare. A baby AT 440bx motherboard with 2 isa, 4 pci and one agp. And it supports overclocking
Only paid 10$ For it.

Reply 17957 of 52778, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

I found my self something feather rare. A baby AT 440bx motherboard with 2 isa, 4 pci and one agp. And it supports overclocking
Only paid 10$ For it.

Are they rare? I still have mine from back in the day (Gigabyte 6BA).

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 17958 of 52778, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also have a baby at socket 7 board with isa slots as well but its via apollo. Not sure how rare it is at all..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.