VOGONS


Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 29560 of 37074, by imi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
derSammler wrote:

The NEC should be a MultiSpin 4x, which is from around 1994/5.

I collect old cd-rom drives as well. The ones I own are quite a bit older, however. Mostly 1990-1992.

thanks, I was watching an external philips top loader from 1991 but that ended up more expensive than what I paid for the whole lot of 11 drives including the caddies, there are some from 1995 in there though, I'd love to have the mitsumi single speed top loader drive, but that's also too pricey.

Reply 29561 of 37074, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The oldest CD-ROM drive I own is a Panasonic/Creative Labs/Matsushita CR-563-B that uses a proprietary ISA card or sound card with a Panasonic or Creative Labs port.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from C64 to FX-6300.

Reply 29562 of 37074, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
imi wrote:

thanks, I was watching an external philips top loader from 1991 but that ended up more expensive than what I paid for the whole lot of 11 drives including the caddies, there are some from 1995 in there though, I'd love to have the mitsumi single speed top loader drive, but that's also too pricey.

Here are a few from my collection.

IMG_20160421_195719_915.jpg
P4051053.JPG
IMG_20180323_194044302.jpg
IMG_20160506_150942_015.jpg
IMG_20160424_115405_377.jpg

Reply 29563 of 37074, by imi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
derSammler wrote:

Here are a few from my collection.

that philips was the one I was watching ^^ maybe I should have bought it after all but oh well... some day maybe.

Reply 29566 of 37074, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This thing arrived. Case has integrated stereo speakers and amp. MSI VLB + PCI motherboard, 486DX6-66, Cirrus Logic PCI card and CT1600. I paid around 100 USD so not really good price but not bad either...

Attachments

  • IMG_20190726_155631.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20190726_155631.jpg
    File size
    544.5 KiB
    Views
    603 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_20190726_160320.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20190726_160320.jpg
    File size
    874.25 KiB
    Views
    603 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_20190726_160356.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20190726_160356.jpg
    File size
    689.21 KiB
    Views
    603 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Check out my AmiBay and eBay for ISA and PCI card, 286/386/486 Pentium motherboards and more.

Reply 29568 of 37074, by Turbo ->

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
HanJammer wrote:

This thing arrived. Case has integrated stereo speakers and amp. MSI VLB + PCI motherboard, 486DX6-66, Cirrus Logic PCI card and CT1600. I paid around 100 USD so not really good price but not bad either...

Considering the fact that you got also a SB CT1600 in the price, it isn't a bad deal.

Reply 29570 of 37074, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Acquired an SB16 ASP (CT1740) with soldered ASP chip and DSP v4.05 recently.

Creative-Sound-Blaster-16-ASP-16-bit-ISA-card-CT-1740.jpg

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 29571 of 37074, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Salient wrote:

Acquired an SB16 ASP (CT1740) with soldered ASP chip and DSP v4.05 recently.

Very nice and still missing in my Creative Labs collection 😀

Check out my AmiBay and eBay for ISA and PCI card, 286/386/486 Pentium motherboards and more.

Reply 29572 of 37074, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
imi wrote:

more dual CPU goodies 😀

i always loved the slot 1 stock coolers. they really emphasize the whole slot/cartridge feel. i won't use aftermarket slot 1 coolers for this very reason.

AEAVEwk.png

Reply 29573 of 37074, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

More stuff from when I was kid I managed to get sent over from australia to the usa; My LynxII!

lTv4L6Wh.jpg

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: http://kråketær.com :: http://mega-tokyo.com ]-/\--

Reply 29575 of 37074, by CrFr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

First post on the forum 😀

Picked up this excellent condition Sound Blaster AWE32 CT3980 for just 10 euros. Couldn't leave it at that price, even when I already had CT3600 and CT4520 🤣. And just after I had bought this, I found AWE64 Gold CT4390 at 15 euros, so couldn't leave that either. It is still in mail, maybe coming on monday. Ebay prices for these are just insane, so it really makes me happy to find them at such low prices.

That is one long card. Barely fits in the case. I even had to remove the floppy drive to make room for it.

IMGP1312_.jpg
Filename
IMGP1312_.jpg
File size
393.97 KiB
Views
385 views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 29576 of 37074, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CrFr wrote:
First post on the forum :happy: […]
Show full quote

First post on the forum 😀

Picked up this excellent condition Sound Blaster AWE32 CT3980 for just 10 euros. Couldn't leave it at that price, even when I already had CT3600 and CT4520 🤣. And just after I had bought this, I found AWE64 Gold CT4390 at 15 euros, so couldn't leave that either. It is still in mail, maybe coming on monday. Ebay prices for these are just insane, so it really makes me happy to find them at such low prices.

That is one long card. Barely fits in the case. I even had to remove the floppy drive to make room for it.

IMGP1312_.jpg

Those are awesome prices. For the AWE32 cards with OPL3, I paid $75 minimum for each card.

Yamaha YMF modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG resource repository - updated November 27, 2018
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide
AW744L II - YMF744 - AOpen Cobra Sound Card - Install SB-Link Header
Epstein didn't kill himself

Reply 29577 of 37074, by Vegge

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
CrFr wrote:
First post on the forum :happy: […]
Show full quote

First post on the forum 😀

Picked up this excellent condition Sound Blaster AWE32 CT3980 for just 10 euros. Couldn't leave it at that price, even when I already had CT3600 and CT4520 🤣. And just after I had bought this, I found AWE64 Gold CT4390 at 15 euros, so couldn't leave that either. It is still in mail, maybe coming on monday. Ebay prices for these are just insane, so it really makes me happy to find them at such low prices.

That is one long card. Barely fits in the case. I even had to remove the floppy drive to make room for it.

[.attachment=0]IMGP1312_.jpg[/attachment]

Mmm Aptiva 2144 😀. I have a AWE32 (CT2760)in one of mine. Tight but still have the floppydrive.

Reply 29578 of 37074, by MCGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
BloodyCactus wrote:
More stuff from when I was kid I managed to get sent over from australia to the usa; My LynxII! […]
Show full quote

More stuff from when I was kid I managed to get sent over from australia to the usa; My LynxII!

lTv4L6Wh.jpg

Now send it tooooo me. 😜

I regret selling my Lynx when I was younger. I had the first gen Lynx and also the second one you're still lucky enough to own.

Blue lightning is awesome, way better than Afterburner IMO, and I had a blast with Klax. It's an excellent port of the Arcade's gameplay. I figured out an x-pattern in Klax that would eliminate almost every tile at once. I can't recall how to create the exact pattern( was basically an X ), nor the points it rewarded, but it was enough that in just 4 or 5 levels, I always got 1st place on every arcade machine I played; and this was over those that had put in hundreds of levels.

There was a Lynx about 3 hours away from me, which I would have bought if I hadn't found a Sega Master System with 32 games in the same area.

Anyways, I so want one with the screen mod! 😀

Reply 29579 of 37074, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Turbo -> wrote:

Bought this lot a few days ago for 10 EUR. Nothing tested though. Are there any highlights? I belive that Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 AGP graphics card (missing fan) is probably a keeper (If it works)...

Card with the fancy passive heatpipe cooler looks interesting.

The slim PCI NICs, could they be Intel 82558 based, they run like a dream in things that don't seem to get on well with the Realtek 8139