User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vmunix wrote:
badmofo wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

Just got this for Japan.
I'm planning on building a second rig on a Socket 7 motherboard. The one I have wouldn't accept Pentium MMX or Am-K6-2.

Cool! But wouldn't it have just been easier to get a different motherboard?

🤣

If the case is proprietary that is not an option.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2201 of 52983, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
vmunix wrote:
badmofo wrote:

🤣

Reply 2202 of 52983, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
vmunix wrote:
badmofo wrote:

🤣

Yes it would of, but at the time I didn't think about it. It was an auction, got for 1500 yens....Oh well....nothing I can do now but to use it and maybe resell it in the future....

Reply 2203 of 52983, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Pingaloka wrote:

Yes it would of, but at the time I didn't think about it. It was an auction, got for 1500 yens....Oh well....nothing I can do now but to use it and maybe resell it in the future....

Hey, I think it is just me and you here on Vogons who use Powerleap type adapters in our retro systems. Welcome to the club 😉

My Powerleap PL-K6-III adapter I bought earlier and posted in this thread do work properly in the Compaq, but the AMD K6-III CPU I aquired was dead on arrival (even tested in a MVP3 board). This means I can't replace my Evergreen Spectra just yet, or I can as the PL-K6-III works with Pentium MMX and K6-2 as well, but it's better to have it available outside the system for quick socketing of a new CPU. So I've gotta hunt a new K6-III (PM me if you have one for available).

Reply 2204 of 52983, by Pingaloka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

Hey, I think it is just me and you here on Vogons who use Powerleap type adapters in our retro systems. Welcome to the club 😉

My Powerleap PL-K6-III adapter I bought earlier and posted in this thread do work properly in the Compaq, but the AMD K6-III CPU I aquired was dead on arrival (even tested in a MVP3 board). This means I can't replace my Evergreen Spectra just yet, or I can as the PL-K6-III works with Pentium MMX and K6-2 as well, but it's better to have it available outside the system for quick socketing of a new CPU. So I've gotta hunt a new K6-III (PM me if you have one for available).

I Vetz, I guess we are the only ones! I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if my MOBO will take advantage of the K6-II or I will have to use the Pentium MMX. I don't have any K6-III but if you are interested in the K6-II just let me know.

cheers!

Reply 2205 of 52983, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:
Pingaloka wrote:

Nope. I have 2 Dell Optiplex GX1 machines with Powerleap Tualeron adapters in them. I also have some Evergreen socket 7 adapters with Winchip and K6-2 chips in them that I haven't installed in anything yet and some Pentium Overdrive and Pentium MMX Overdrive chips in need of motherboards to live in.

Reply 2209 of 52983, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Slaventus86 wrote:
Got it! Videologic Apocalypse 5D Sonic […]
Show full quote

Got it! Videologic Apocalypse 5D Sonic

Videologic-Apocalypse-5D-Sonic-300x200.jpg

Nice score! Where did you find it?!

Reply 2213 of 52983, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got a BOXED Aopen AX59PRO Super Socket 7 MVP3 ATX board for free!

Also included were:

2x32MB EDO RAM
1x128MB SDRAM PC100
AMD K6-III 400
8x IDE CDROM (very nice speed as it is not too slow and not too noisy and it has a great look!)

2013-05-17%2023.32.18.jpg
2013-05-17%2023.32.27.jpg
2013-05-17%2023.32.45.jpg

Reply 2215 of 52983, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I over paid like hell for it, but I got it today and it works flawlessly!

CUSwFnsl.jpg3lIYlYLl.jpg

The alpha coolers I have for it will fit fine, except they were designed for lid-less 370/462 processors. So the retention clip will need to be "relaxed" a bit for tualatins, or I need to pull off the lids.

XKe16f4l.jpgNxGWcaxl.jpgZPxoDYFl.jpg

I put it up against my 900mhz xeon. Even the 1.2 ghz chips that I have on-hand are quick and powerful. Makes me want the 1.4's I ordered to get here all the faster. ^.^

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2216 of 52983, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got a bit carried away when I saw this on the local ‘bays – an IBM PS/1. 286 10Mhz and complete, although that might not be the original mouse. The PC works OK, I’m surprised that the CRT looks as good as it does after all those years but bloody hell, I don’t know how anyone could have used Windows on these things. My eyeballs felt like they were melting after 5 mins. Shipping cost me way too much and I realised – after some research – that this is the 2011 model with NO ISA slots. No Sound Blaster upgrades for this thing. That’s probably OK though, I bought it for early text adventures, etc.

The keyboard is in pretty bad shape unfortunately. It’s causing the PC to throw a few errors on boot and several keys seem to be missing the buckle spring completely, so although it’s in good cosmetic condition, I’ll have my work cut out getting it to work as it should. Note that it's NOT the Model M2 keyboard it came with in the first picture, that's just another cheap PS2 which works fine with it.

All told it’s a very stylish little unit and I’ll learn to love it.

IMG_3534_zpsffebc7af.jpg

IMG_3526_zpsd6361311.jpg

And I picked this up pretty cheaply the other day – the famous DB50XG. I was interested to see on the box that the Sound Blaster 16 is the recommended card to use it with, which makes me wonder – as I’ve done in the past – what the big deal is around here with the hanging note bug. Surely Yamaha would have put in a caveat to say “*you may experience hanging notes with SB16 cards” if it was as bad as all that. Anyway I put it on my SB16 and it sounds very nice.

IMG_3542_zps9bee9124.jpg

IMG_3538_zpscc21f809.jpg

Reply 2217 of 52983, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I swear I didn't knew about the hanging note bug until I was reading up on vintage parts on queststudios 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2218 of 52983, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I swear I didn't knew about the hanging note bug until I was reading up on vintage parts on queststudios 😀

I didn't know about it until I read about it here on Vogons 🤣 It is blown out of proportions IMO.

Anyway, picked up this odd card today:
oze_hakuba-img600x428-1368436069z3ye8u34728.jpg

ISA card for SEGA Saturn controllers. No need for the NVIDIA NV1 for playing games with the controllers anymore (or other adapters).

I also won a Soundblaster 2.0 CT1350B for almost nothing. I guess I'm also after the CMS chips now 😉
$%28KGrHqR,!l4FGGgzJZW1BRj-yZW59g~~60_12.JPG

Reply 2219 of 52983, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up a few things from eBay this past week, and they are beginning to arrive.

Asus P2B-S
ebay_5_20_13_1.jpg

Needed a replacement for my early Win9x games machine and this will do nicely. Look for a thread writeup for it.

Diamond Viper V330 and Diamond Monster 3D II
ebay_5_20_13_2.jpg

The Stealth 3D 4000 I've had for awhile but I included it as it's the sum total of my Diamond Multimedia collection so far. The V330 will be going onto the Asus board above coupled with a Voodoo1 and possibly a PCX1/2 once I find one. The Voodoo2 will be going into the P3 box in my sig along with a GF4 Ti4600 once it arrives.

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B