Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 22200 of 52967, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

XTs are die shrunk with higher clock speeds

Both R350 and R360 use 150nm lithography, latter is just more refined. More or less all late 9800 Pro cards were 9800XT in disquise. I even have two identical ASUS 256mb orange pcb cards, but one is labeled "9800 Pro".

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 22202 of 52967, by Woolie Wool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have some really shitty Chuanganzhuo external floppy drive attached to my Ryzen PC that is unreliable, cheaply made, and makes noises even when it isn't in use. I was recommended one of IBM's units made for ThinkPads, so I ordered this (seller's photo):

cE4XJ65l.jpg
Made in 2004, so it's retro enough I think.

wp0kyr-2.png CALIFORNIA_RAYZEN
1wpfky-2.png REDBOX
3q6x0e-2.png FUNKENSTEIN_3D

Reply 22205 of 52967, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

last 4 posts are full of nice stuff, kudos! 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 22206 of 52967, by okenido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's what I got in the box (+ 2 i had laying around) :

pii.png
Filename
pii.png
File size
29.08 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

No coppermines, but a lot of nice Deschutes PII and Katmai of all frequencies 😀 + some unidentified cards and an AVC cartridge (the company that makes OEM coolers), except it's not the cooling system it's the whole cartridge which is AVC, no other info on the cpu inside 😕

What will I do with all those cpu ? I don't know. Maybe start a collection 😁 And sell the ones I have in > 1 qty

Reply 22207 of 52967, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote:

Damn, just missed (by <5min) a box of "old crap" with piles of 90s stuff. Condition looked iffy here and there but there were al least 10 regular 486 CPUs, an Overdrive and a PODP-83 and some Pentium Pro, along with So5/7 stuff, DIMMs, VRMs and who knows what else under that. My first offer (while still very low for what was visible) was even EUR 5 more than the other bloke he'd just said yes to 😢

Ask the seller whether he has more. You never know!

Reply 22209 of 52967, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
okenido wrote:
IMG_20180302_191020.jpg

The box finally arrived... Slot1 heaven 😳 😳 🤣

You get the CPUs, kitten gets the box.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 22210 of 52967, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
okenido wrote:
Here's what I got in the box (+ 2 i had laying around) : […]
Show full quote

Here's what I got in the box (+ 2 i had laying around) :

pii.png

No coppermines, but a lot of nice Deschutes PII and Katmai of all frequencies 😀 + some unidentified cards and an AVC cartridge (the company that makes OEM coolers), except it's not the cooling system it's the whole cartridge which is AVC, no other info on the cpu inside 😕

What will I do with all those cpu ? I don't know. Maybe start a collection 😁 And sell the ones I have in > 1 qty

Chexk your list some of those P3s are coppermines not Katmais I think.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 22211 of 52967, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

After going back and forth on whether I wanted to spend that much on a card, I have a Sound Blaster Pro CT1330A REV 6 card on the way. $75 shipped for this too much?

Dual OPL2 cards are really really hard to come by and that is what pushed me over the edge.

What really kills me is that I missed a NIB one last month for about the same price, but I may have not wanted to open up a still sealed box, so whatever.

SB_PRO_1330A_REV6.jpg
Filename
SB_PRO_1330A_REV6.jpg
File size
335.42 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 22212 of 52967, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote:

Damn, just missed (by <5min) a box of "old crap" with piles of 90s stuff. Condition looked iffy here and there but there were al least 10 regular 486 CPUs, an Overdrive and a PODP-83 and some Pentium Pro, along with So5/7 stuff, DIMMs, VRMs and who knows what else under that. My first offer (while still very low for what was visible) was even EUR 5 more than the other bloke he'd just said yes to 😢

Still, my Adaptec AHA-2940U2W arrived today, so can drown my sorrows in testing the Seagate Cheetah 10k drive I got for free two weeks back.

Well, I don't know if it will make you a bit happier, but the box of "old crap" will go to a fellow Vogon-er.

1982 to 2001

Reply 22213 of 52967, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote:

After going back and forth on whether I wanted to spend that much on a card, I have a Sound Blaster Pro CT1330A REV 6 card on the way. $75 shipped for this too much?

Dual OPL2 cards are really really hard to come by and that is what pushed me over the edge.

What really kills me is that I missed a NIB one last month for about the same price, but I may have not wanted to open up a still sealed box, so whatever.

it's a good price in my book, don't worry

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 22214 of 52967, by okenido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chose007 wrote:
okenido wrote:

What will I do with all those cpu ?

cat: "Hey man, Don't touch my cpus, all mine ! You need find another deal !"

🤣

I see you have a Golden Orb cooler in your profile pic, do you know where I can find one ? They are so nice !

Reply 22215 of 52967, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chose007 wrote:
few new cards, lot of them quite atypical […]
Show full quote

few new cards, lot of them quite atypical

[...]

dscf6957re.jpg
[...]

Wow, what a haul!

Am I correct in saying that at least the first of the three Infotronic-based boards is for a Mac? (as it's missing the DOS 2D chip silkscreened to the left of the IGS65MS...

SpectriaForce wrote:
dionb wrote:

Ask the seller whether he has more. You never know!

I did. He doesn't - at least, not like this box. A few not very interesting complete systems & the like.

Cyrix200+ wrote:
dionb wrote:

Still, my Adaptec AHA-2940U2W arrived today, so can drown my sorrows in testing the Seagate Cheetah 10k drive I got for free two weeks back.

Well, I don't know if it will make you a bit happier, but the box of "old crap" will go to a fellow Vogon-er.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me 😉

Be sure to post what was actually in there when you get it!

Reply 22217 of 52967, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was pleasantly surprised to find a Creative Labs Geforce FX5200 a few days ago. Classic orange box art never gets old... 😀

Attachments

• fx5200_1.jpg
    Filename
    fx5200_1.jpg
    File size
    210.68 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • fx5200_2.jpg
    Filename
    fx5200_2.jpg
    File size
    315.81 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 22218 of 52967, by chose007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
okenido wrote:

I see you have a Golden Orb cooler in your profile pic, do you know where I can find one ? They are so nice !

yes It's nice cooler, I bought it randomly, sometimes see it for sale

dionb wrote:

Am I correct in saying that at least the first of the three Infotronic-based boards is for a Mac? (as it's missing the DOS 2D chip silkscreened to the left of the IGS65MS...

yep Cirrus Logic GD5420 missing, that's all what I know about this card

Calibri-90-YT-banner-resize.jpg * Calibri-90-resize-resize.jpg