VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 2880 of 52813, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A rather beastly keyboard for my AT build.

g30h.jpg

AT/XT (switch) compatible with programmable keys and calculator 😎
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Focus_FK-5001

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2881 of 52813, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Needs more function keys.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 2882 of 52813, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one of those, but mine's not quite so pretty since it's a bit yellowed and is missing the logo plate and the template holder thingy. It's definitely a beast of a keyboard.

The macro function is especially cool, or at least it would be.... I have yet to figure out how the hell it works. 🤣

Reply 2883 of 52813, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got a new in shrinkwrapped box VisionTek Xtasy Radeon 9100 PCI 128mb. I've been collecting these things for a while now as they seem to be rare but was only able to acquire two loose cards so far. They are nice cards if your PII/PIII era machine has only PCI slots.

I'm also waiting on the floppy and instruction manuals that that will go with the boxed Hercules GB112+ I acquired several months back.

Reply 2886 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Artex, with your luck you don't need to be buying vintage hardware you need to be buying lottery tickets.

Good point.. Big POWERBALL numbers tomorrow... 😀

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2887 of 52813, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have an 1320C but the resistor above C54 is completely fried and i think it took the IC above it with it as well.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 2888 of 52813, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm too lazy to take pictures of it at the moment, but I finally got my hands on the Gateway P5-60 tower I mentioned a few pages back. It's not in quite as good shape as I'd hoped, but the important bits are there. It has the late-revision "Batman's Revenge" motherboard and a SX948 (no FDIV bug) CPU.

It also came with a couple unexpected bonuses. There was a Tseng ET4000 ISA card in it... why the PCI VGA was swapped out for an ISA one, I don't know, but I can't complain about a free Tseng card. But the really cool part is an Ensoniq Soundscape 2000... I'm looking forward to playing around with that.

Reply 2889 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

I'm too lazy to take pictures of it at the moment, but I finally got my hands on the Gateway P5-60 tower I mentioned a few pages back. It's not in quite as good shape as I'd hoped, but the important bits are there. It has the late-revision "Batman's Revenge" motherboard and a SX948 (no FDIV bug) CPU.

It also came with a couple unexpected bonuses. There was a Tseng ET4000 ISA card in it... why the PCI VGA was swapped out for an ISA one, I don't know, but I can't complain about a free Tseng card. But the really cool part is an Ensoniq Soundscape 2000... I'm looking forward to playing around with that.

Always loved the general midi output of that card. One of my faves! Is it the 1MB or 2MB version?

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2890 of 52813, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would assume it's a 2MB version, judging by the "2M" printed on the ROM chip... seems reasonable anyway, though I haven't actually plugged it in and checked it out yet.

Reply 2891 of 52813, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

I would assume it's a 2MB version, judging by the "2M" printed on the ROM chip... seems reasonable anyway, though I haven't actually plugged it in and checked it out yet.

Yep! That's the one you want! The scaled-down (1MB without IDE Interfaces) OEM version version looks like this:

dscf6316rn.jpg

You can see the chip is much smaller and shows "1M2" although it's still labeled as S2016 (NCDB).

LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 2892 of 52813, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got some IBM ValuePoint spare parts in yesterday. I bought it so my 1 ValuePoint has a working power switch again. It also came with a MOBO (without RAM or jumpers). I was able to re-jumper it based on Stason and put some RAM on it. It came back to life. That is really cool. I also installed a i80486DX33 on the Overdrive socket so instead of the native i80486SX25 it is now a i80486DX33.

I am still waiting on RAM for the other ValuePoint MOBO I bought. I won an auction for that yesterday. The RAM on this MOBO does not work 100%: it only recognizes 4MB. But I will hold on to it as a spare (and list it on eBay at a very high price so my wife thinks I am selling: but I am really not). Har har har! 🤣

$_57.JPG

Reply 2895 of 52813, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe baby! 😊

A lot of outfits that sell retro / vintage / classic / obsolete equipment have big warehouses, personnel, insurance, mortgages, utility bills, taxes and so on. So they need to make some money after eBay / PayPal fees. They also very often cater to companies / organizations that may need something urgently and are willing to pay good money for fast service. Very different from private persons who hobby with it. 😎

Reply 2896 of 52813, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PeterLI wrote:

Maybe baby! 😊
[...]

you Sir win the internetz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENhntMb5iwI 😊 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2897 of 52813, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I haven't had the pleasure of posting in this thread for a while, but I found a nice surprise at the local flea market today!

SuTK8tSl.jpg?1

Cards:
3Com 3C509B-TPO (can never have enough of these! 😉 )
Winbond ISA Multi-I/O
AGP nVidia TNT2 M64/Vanta
SB AWE64
Diamond SpeedStar Pro ISA

Intel CPUs:
2x Pentium MMX 233MHz
Pentium MMX Overdrive 200MHz
Pentium 200Mhz
Pentium 75MHz
Pentium 60MHz - Socket 4
Intel 486 DX4 100

AMD CPUs:
AMD K5 100MHz
2x AMD 5x86 133MHz ADW
1x AMD 486 SX2-66

Cyrix CPUs:
Cyrix M2 333GP 75x3.5
IBM 6x86MX PR300 66x3.5

And lastly, the most interesting thing in the lot, an adaptor to put a Socket 5 Pentium into a Socket 4 board. Has anyone seen one of these before? It has some jumpers, and I'm not sure what they do. The Vreg has been bent over, so I'll need to resolder it, but otherwise it's in pretty good physical condition.

TuQNoPxl.jpg
WuwsmwXl.jpg
Db65ZGDl.jpg

Anyone know anything about it? It'd be good to know what the jumpers do, but there are no make/model numbers on this thing, so Googling has proved impossible.. 🙁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2898 of 52813, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

At first, looking at everything my brain was saying "meh", then I saw that adapter. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I must say Its probably VERY rare. As for the jumpers, I would imagine they set the multiplier.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 2899 of 52813, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

At first, looking at everything my brain was saying "meh", then I saw that adapter. I didn't even know such a thing existed. I must say Its probably VERY rare. As for the jumpers, I would imagine they set the multiplier.

"Meh" was what I thought at first as well, but they were asking just 50c a piece, for everything on the table, so I grabbed everything that was mildly of interest to me.

It wasn't until I started rummaging that I found the adaptor, the two MMX 233 chips, and the Pentium 60. Everything else is just gravy! 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread