VOGONS

First post, by sectoid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a nice Yamaha made MIDI board with 26pin connector on my SB16 ISA. Is there any way to use it in modern computers and operating systems (well not too modern, Windows XP).

Reply 1 of 5, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dynex DX-SC51 5.1 channel PCI sound card. Can be had on ebay for as little as $6.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/DYNEX-DX-SC51-CHANNEL-D … D/dp/B000IPNYZU

I'm sure there are others, but it's one I used in my modern system when I was testing my SCB-55 / DB50XG

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 4 of 5, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For some additional options see my earlier post in the "Sound cards - from best to worst" topic: Incompl. Summary of PCI cards with a WB connector
Most PCI soundcards have good driver support in windows 2000/XP, but not all (like Aureal chipsets).

Reply 5 of 5, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Umm, the day before yesterday i stumbled upon a list. I don't know if it helps or not but i'll throw it all the same--as it looks like a match for your topic:

Wave Table Sound Cards.

AFAIK it's with Vista that Microsoft dropped support for ISA and MPU-401 interface, so you might be OK with XP. Sorry can't help with how-to's though, haven't done it myself.