Giant socket A/462 heatsink

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 26, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^ OK, cool (on). 😉

Re: skt 370 cooler on a skt A mobo - do you know what the dimensions are, for the underside of the cooler? I have used a heatsink similar to this one, and it works for both skt 370 and skt A. It's advertised as "for socket: Intel FC-PGA (Socket 370) & AMD (Socket A)." I think your chances of success with using a stock cooler are good, but I can't guarantee this because I don't have a stock skt 370 cooler to test at the moment, sorry!

Reply 22 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nice heatsink/fan collection rg100! (I could use one on my hot pIII-1.4 🤣)

socket370 / socketA heatsinks are interchangeable 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 26, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Copper coolers are pure luxury... They cost a fortune when buying new 🤣

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 25 of 26, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

nice heatsink/fan collection rg100! (I could use one on my hot pIII-1.4 🤣)

I think the "slim line" cooljag socket 370/A heatsinks are very good. I like them because they also fit on Super socket 7 boards! 😀 I'm looking at the heatsink box it was packaged in, and it says:

ITEM: JAC301C
Application: AMD (Socket A)
INTEL FC-PGA (Socket 370)
Airflow: 23.3 CFM
Rated speed: 5200 RPM

The fan is very fast, and consequently a bit loud. However, it's very easy to remove it, and you can replace it with whatever fan you prefer. Perhaps you could do a saved search on ebay, for that item code of JAC301C?

Reply 26 of 26, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

Hey does anybody know if you can use a stock socket 370 cooler on socket A without any problems?

Just to answer your question, yes they will fit but P3's put out like half the heat that an Athlon (XP) does. Just be sure to use a cooler that's made for the Coppermine. The PPGA Celeron coolers weren't made to fit on the small naked die.