VOGONS

First post, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well hello once more.

I wanted to purchase a older gamepad for use with DOS games and the like so I picked up a MS Sidewinder Game Pad off ebay. Decided to Attach it to my AWE64 Gold! w/simmconn expansion that is loaded up with 32mb kingston EDO memory for larger soundfonts.

Everything at first seemed fine for the first couple boots using the official 3.0 software but just a day or 2 after the controller stopped working in DOS enviroment (Carmageddon 1 within windows) and the system started to hang at startup just getting to desktop and mouse icon. Desktop Icons didn't even load yet. Tried about everything but problem goes away once the GamePad has been removed.

Is there a known issue with these 2? I tried uninstalling, and installing software drivers a few times with no real help or even manually adding a Sidewinder gamepad from list. For a bit the control panel wouldn't detect the Gamepad and the only reason my computer would boot while the pad was plugged in.

Did read about issues of the AWE cards and MIDI cards messing up the GamePort but haven't seen anything abut a Simmconn expansion causing problems. I will probably remove it soon to make sure it isn't trouble from the simmconn.

System being used:
Pentium 3-S 1400MHz
Gigabyte GA-6VTXE Rev 1.0
2x25mb sticks PC133 CL3 memory
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 AGP
2x Voodoo 2 12MB SLI
AWE64 Gold with 32mb expansion module (Simmconn)
D-link NIC card
7-Port USB 2 card
120GB WD SE HDD
16x Pioneer DVD-ROM
USB PS2 Conroller