VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 1240 of 1461, by Heatvent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So that is a great trick. I actually looked at one of the international sites (Australia) just for the reason you noted ... my guess was they tend to keep things up longer (maybe due to regulation or to keep customers happy) and maybe on a http site instead of ftp like you mentioned. Going to the site and using the home web page to get to tech support, etc. led me nowhere. Didn't think to search for any captured pages to see if there was an easier way to find the files. Glad you had this figured out! Thanks again for the help.

Reply 1241 of 1461, by Heatvent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, bit of a scare. I successfully flashed the bios. However, it wouldn't let me go into setup upon reboot. I ended up clearing the CMOS (actually setting the jumper to automatically go into setup, loaded defaults and saved settings). It is back up and running with the new bios. So I will chalk that up as a success!

Reply 1242 of 1461, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Heatvent wrote on 2021-10-29, 01:38:

OK, bit of a scare. I successfully flashed the bios. However, it wouldn't let me go into setup upon reboot. I ended up clearing the CMOS (actually setting the jumper to automatically go into setup, loaded defaults and saved settings). It is back up and running with the new bios. So I will chalk that up as a success!

Glad you got it done OK, despite the hiccup. I've had the same on other boards with the 'jumper for setup' function after a BIOS upgrade...nothing to worry about.

Hopefully this link at Ultimate Retro - https://www.ultimateretro.net/motherboards/8303 - will be the best place long term for easily accessible info / downloads on the board

Reply 1243 of 1461, by Heatvent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One negative I noticed for the upgrade is the P06 bios turned off the fan on the power supply after booting. The P09 bios keeps it running. There is a function in the bios to have the fan run when the PC is sleeping but nothing to turn the fan off otherwise. Not sure if Gateway started having power supplies fail and decided to keep the fan running or if this was a fix. It makes it quite a bit noisier. This is a PIII 400mhz so that is the only fan. With the P06 bios the PC was entirely silent. Guess I can see if the PS is getting warm and possibly just disconnect the fan header from the MB altogether if it really isn't needed. Or swap out for a silent fan. Just an FYI if there is anyone else that is upgrading the bios and fan noise is a concern.

Reply 1244 of 1461, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Heatvent wrote on 2021-10-29, 18:04:

One negative I noticed for the upgrade is the P06 bios turned off the fan on the power supply after booting. The P09 bios keeps it running. There is a function in the bios to have the fan run when the PC is sleeping but nothing to turn the fan off otherwise. Not sure if Gateway started having power supplies fail and decided to keep the fan running or if this was a fix. It makes it quite a bit noisier. This is a PIII 400mhz so that is the only fan. With the P06 bios the PC was entirely silent. Guess I can see if the PS is getting warm and possibly just disconnect the fan header from the MB altogether if it really isn't needed. Or swap out for a silent fan. Just an FYI if there is anyone else that is upgrading the bios and fan noise is a concern.

Possibly as a consequence of this customer advisory note - https://web.archive.org/web/20030204122541/ht … 667302400.shtml

Reply 1245 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote on 2021-11-03, 23:14:

Thanks ! Would have missed it if you had not added it to the library.

Added Sony Jog Wheel laptop Xp driver and nVidia 420 Go Mobile driver for Sony Vaio PCG-NVR23 laptop.
The Sony nv420 Go driver came from Sony archive links for the NVR23 so should work for that laptop.
Will add a multi nVidia mobile GPU Win2k/XP driver from a different (but respected by many) archived source in a bit....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1246 of 1461, by komazow2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Everyone, I've got the physical optical disc of the subject today...

Please add this one to http://vogonsdrivers.com/ if it was suitable and usable for yours.
I'll delete the following sharing after a month or less.

SBLive(Japanese)_7507170_4.06.628.zip(117M)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12eopPcJXhuuB … iew?usp=sharing

Reply 1247 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
komazow2 wrote on 2021-11-07, 04:35:
Hi Everyone, I've got the physical optical disc of the subject today... […]
Show full quote

Hi Everyone, I've got the physical optical disc of the subject today...

Please add this one to http://vogonsdrivers.com/ if it was suitable and usable for yours.
I'll delete the following sharing after a month or less.

SBLive(Japanese)_7507170_4.06.628.zip(117M)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12eopPcJXhuuB … iew?usp=sharing

Moved your post 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1248 of 1461, by sirotkaslo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

please add this ALADDiN IV / TXPro (M1531 with M1533/ M1543) IDE driver to the library please. Its for the m575 Pchips (and others).

Thank you.

Attachments

• Filename
    TXPRO.ZIP
    File size
    50.56 KiB
    Downloads
    65 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1249 of 1461, by sirotkaslo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got me another sb live sound card - the sb0220, it came with the original cd from 2003, driver version 5.12.1.296. Should I upload it?

There was also this "cubasis audio sw cd".

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-11-17, 18:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1250 of 1461, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Someone recently uploaded the Matrox G400 driver CD to archive.org. Posting the link here in case there's interest in mirroring it on Vogonsdrivers.

Among other things, that CD contains a (demo?) version of Expendable which has EMBM enabled, and also this amazing looking Matrox Tech Demo.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 1251 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Horun wrote on 2021-09-06, 22:59:
Its logical to post huge 4Gb files to a site that has a typical file size of 42Mb ? OK LOL. Also "VOGONS Vintage Driver Library" […]
Show full quote
ruthan wrote on 2021-09-06, 13:23:

Its logical, because download 250 demos per files is not fun, waste of time, if someone want 1 demo, he dont need the package and they are 4 GB files, not 15 GB.
Im not sure about it, but there maybe some todyas FTP client is clever enough to open zip files and enable to download only part of them..

Its logical to post huge 4Gb files to a site that has a typical file size of 42Mb ? OK 🤣. Also "VOGONS Vintage Driver Library" is for drivers as Vetz mentioned a few months ago.
"open zip files and enable to download only part of them.." You can do that at Archive.org if a zip or rar you can select just the files you want inside. You cannot do that at VOGONS Driver Library, you have to download the entire zip or rar.
Well maybe SquallStrife will make a new category since there is not one for Game Demos and your will be the first !

Agree with above. It's not a good fit, and is a bit excessive size-wise.

Archive.org is a better suit for this kind of... well... archive! 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1252 of 1461, by appleiiguy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Latest Bios for EPOX P55TV2

Flashed fine with Awardflash 6.6

Also attached is the manual

Attachments

• Filename
    p55tv2.pdf
    File size
    370.79 KiB
    Downloads
    62 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    tv208a09.bin.zip
    File size
    103.65 KiB
    Downloads
    84 downloads
    File license

Reply 1254 of 1461, by mrwho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Downloaded the VogonDrivers archive and I'm adding it to my FTP uncompressed - Will probably rename the files to a more readable format using the CSV as a source, to facilitate FTP browsing.

I'll also leave the torrent seeding the archive file to aid someone who might need to download it.

Thanks to everyone, and hope my server helps too.

Cheers!

“Hey, you sass that hoopy MrWho? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
My home retro drivers repository: ftp://retro:drivers@mrwho.duckdns.org

Reply 1255 of 1461, by Linarde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found these Floppy images in an old HDD.

Title: ATI Video Drivers
Version: A00
Language: English
Created: 08/10/97 15:30

If memory serves me right, used them with a 3D Rage Pro in 3.11

Attachments

Reply 1256 of 1461, by mbarszcz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tracked down a working driver for some Intel PRO/1000 cards today. These were tricky to find and would be a nice addition to the Vogons driver library.

The first is the driver for Win98 that works for a wide range of Intel Pro/1000 cards - T, MT, CT, and GT. Most versions out there don't support the GT.
Intel PRO 100 /1000 T MT CT GT - Win 98 Driver + Utils - Version 22.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pizG4li6NZW9 … iew?usp=sharing

The second is the DOS driver for the same set of cards, I used this for Norton Ghost 2003.
Intel PRO 100/1000 DOS Driver - Version 15.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMeRQYyZGgLW … iew?usp=sharing

Reply 1257 of 1461, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looking for the latest Bios update for the Foxconn BlackOps X48 board, I have spent several hours myself trying the usual methods to locate the 7a3f1p07.zip Bios update. But with Foxconn having removed their support sites and FTP archives its proving to be incredibly difficult to find a download for it. I have the board but its current bios looks to have been modded in the past and I would like to flash a clean version over it to verify the board either works or can be used for soldering classes.

Have even tried the wayback machine but obviously it doesnt have the FTP archive for the downloads, google has some sketchy sources that all require payment to download ...I think not.

If anyone has a copy of the bios update I would be very grateful for a link to get myself a copy.

Reply 1258 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mbarszcz wrote on 2021-12-11, 22:16:
Tracked down a working driver for some Intel PRO/1000 cards today. These were tricky to find and would be a nice addition to th […]
Show full quote

Tracked down a working driver for some Intel PRO/1000 cards today. These were tricky to find and would be a nice addition to the Vogons driver library.
*The first is the driver for Win98 that works for a wide range of Intel Pro/1000 cards - T, MT, CT, and GT. Most versions out there don't support the GT.
Intel PRO 100 /1000 T MT CT GT - Win 98 Driver + Utils - Version 22.1
*The second is the DOS driver for the same set of cards, I used this for Norton Ghost 2003.

Great ! It took me a few days to find the 32bit and 64bit WinXP drivers for my Pro/1000 GT a few years ago. ProSet v18.3 was the last to include Win2k and XP support....dated 2013
Yes will try to upload to the Library when I get a chance.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1259 of 1461, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-12, 03:06:

Looking for the latest Bios update for the Foxconn BlackOps X48 board, I have spent several hours myself trying the usual methods to locate the 7a3f1p07.zip Bios update. But with Foxconn having removed their support sites and FTP archives its proving to be incredibly difficult to find a download for it. I have the board but its current bios looks to have been modded in the past and I would like to flash a clean version over it to verify the board either works or can be used for soldering classes.

Have even tried the wayback machine but obviously it doesnt have the FTP archive for the downloads, google has some sketchy sources that all require payment to download ...I think not.

If anyone has a copy of the bios update I would be very grateful for a link to get myself a copy.

You mean this one 😀 - first link out on a Google file name search!

https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1723721

Filename
Motherboard_5CIntel_5CSocket775_5CX48A01_5CBios_5C7A3F1P07.zip
File size
670.82 KiB
Downloads
67 downloads
File license