VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 1360 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
douglar wrote on 2022-12-11, 21:25:

Split the storage section out into sub directories with some help from SquallStrife

Untitled.png

Good work ! That helps keep it cleaner. Have wondered if having a separate Manual Sub-dir for each section might also help tidy stuff up 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1361 of 1466, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the vogons driver library already has nt drivers for the ensoniq soundscape/elite/opus as well as a standalone zip of dos drivers (windows installation required otherwise); however, the soundscape vivo90 is a different beast and neither of these files were suitable for it. attached are the vivo90 counterparts to those files that i successfully tested with a model vivo90ug-a.

Attachments

• Filename
    VIVO_DOS.zip
    File size
    363.23 KiB
    Downloads
    74 downloads
    File comment
    vivo90 dos drivers from win9x installer
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ssv_wnt.exe
    File size
    106.64 KiB
    Downloads
    71 downloads
    File comment
    vivo90 nt drivers (tested working with xp)
    File license

Reply 1362 of 1466, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stanwebber wrote on 2022-12-19, 08:02:

the vogons driver library already has nt drivers for the ensoniq soundscape/elite/opus as well as a standalone zip of dos drivers (windows installation required otherwise); however, the soundscape vivo90 is a different beast and neither of these files were suitable for it. attached are the vivo90 counterparts to those files that i successfully tested with a model vivo90ug-a.

I put them here:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1972

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1973

Reply 1363 of 1466, by Jaron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It looks like the discs I linked back a few weeks ago ( Re: VOGONS Driver Library ) haven't been added to the library yet.

I've diffed the SW 3.0 disc I have to the one that's already on the library. Nearly all the files are the exact same size, but some are reported to have binary differences. I think that's only dates and versioning information because my disc is from Aug 1998 while the one that's already up is Jul 1998. The biggest difference is in the included SW MechWarrior 3 profiles ( again, I got that disc with a FF joystick that had MW3 bundled ). So maybe this one is no big deal. Perhaps the same with the v1.5 disc since the v2.0 disc is already on the library and I don't know if the older version is needed. But if someone wants to throw the Strategic Commander disc up there, let me know.

Reply 1364 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jaron wrote on 2022-12-21, 20:29:

It looks like the discs I linked back a few weeks ago ( Re: VOGONS Driver Library ) haven't been added to the library yet.

I've diffed the SW 3.0 disc I have to the one that's already on the library. Nearly all the files are the exact same size, but some are reported to have binary differences. I think that's only dates and versioning information because my disc is from Aug 1998 while the one that's already up is Jul 1998. The biggest difference is in the included SW MechWarrior 3 profiles ( again, I got that disc with a FF joystick that had MW3 bundled ). So maybe this one is no big deal. Perhaps the same with the v1.5 disc since the v2.0 disc is already on the library and I don't know if the older version is needed. But if someone wants to throw the Strategic Commander disc up there, let me know.

A few weeks ago tried to DL but google gave me an error "We are experiencing technical difficulties." and to try later and I spaced it.
Just grabbed the edited disk versions and photos, it still giving an error but different:"Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses.
We are experiencing technical difficulties. Would you still like to download this file? "
🤣 but will scan and upload this weekend with some Thrustmaster stuff. Going to be a game pad - joy stick weekend haahaa

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1365 of 1466, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking at COMPUADD ESDI HARDCACHE drivers

http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=9 … menustate=57,55

Windows Defender reports Virus:DOS/Stoned_DiskWash in "Hardcache ESDI v1.2 BIOS for socket U21.BIN"

Is that a false positive?

Reply 1366 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
douglar wrote on 2022-12-23, 15:18:
Looking at COMPUADD ESDI HARDCACHE drivers […]
Show full quote

Looking at COMPUADD ESDI HARDCACHE drivers

http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=9 … menustate=57,55

Windows Defender reports Virus:DOS/Stoned_DiskWash in "Hardcache ESDI v1.2 BIOS for socket U21.BIN"

Is that a false positive?

According to virustotal.com only MS AV detects that, the other 59 scanners say clean so likely a false positive:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a8353c1e7 … 1c892?nocache=1

Reply 1367 of 1466, by scruit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Texas Instruments Travelmate LT286/45, images just pulled from a laptop I just got. Boots to DOS but have not run any VGA tests yet.

It uses all 27C256 DIP28 eproms, and I assumed TI computer would use TI eproms so I went with "TMS27C256 @DIP28" profile in TL866II+ - however I still needed to skip ID check to get the images. However they look as expected.

In the zip:

- BIOS_AAG1H_HI.BIN
- BIOS_AAG0H_HI.BIN
Main BIOS version 1.0E dated 09/01/89 (1989-09-01)
The main BIOS images are split on HI & LO eproms, and the label just says AAGxH. No version listed on exterior of chip.
There is a complete/plaintext copyright message at the top of both the HI/LO images saying "COPYRIGHT 1988SHARP CO." (Lo) and "COPYRIGHT1988 SHARP CO." (Hi) and the rest is in standard hi/lo split format.

- CHIPS_455_VGABIOS_1_0B__0C82C455__27C256_DIP28.BIN
CHIPS 455 VGA BIOS 1.0B
Eprom is labeled 0C82C455

Attachments

Reply 1368 of 1466, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
scruit wrote on 2022-12-31, 15:29:

Texas Instruments Travelmate LT286/45, images just pulled from a laptop I just got. Boots to DOS but have not run any VGA tests yet.

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 9&menustate=0,0

Reply 1369 of 1466, by Roman555

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WinBIOS for PCChips M575
AMI Release 12/25/1997 S
51-0505-001437-00111111-071595-M1531/43-001_10_-0

It's incompatible with many CPUs but it looks funny.

Attachments

• Filename
    m575_winbios.zip
    File size
    509.04 KiB
    Downloads
    61 downloads
    File comment
    PCChips M575 WinBIOS 12/25/1997
    File license

[ MS6168/PII-350/YMF754/98SE ]
[ 775i65G/E5500/9800Pro/Vortex2/ME ]

Reply 1370 of 1466, by GrandAdmiralThrawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to contribute the FlashFire SSD accelerator in final version 0.a0 for 32-bit Windows XP, which was released on the web for no cost and without any license bundled. I never tested it on any more modern 32-bit versions of Windows.

It's a kernel driver sitting in the I/O stack with a tray application for setting some simple options and for displaying cache statistics (caches hits/misses etc.). It was meant for caching write I/O's in RAM and blocking them together to write the data sequentially instead of randomly, which is significantly faster on e.g. old, sluggish CF cards or certain IDE SSDs. Additionally, it also serves as a read cache. You can also use it on XP systems with mechanical hard drives, but I never tried that out.

Here's some random screenshots using the tray application:

FlashFire-about.png
Filename
FlashFire-about.png
File size
2.83 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
FlashFire-status-59.png
Filename
FlashFire-status-59.png
File size
3.46 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
FlashFire-status-249.png
Filename
FlashFire-status-249.png
File size
3.18 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Sadly, I no longer know who wrote it (it's copyright 2009 by "EPL" for 0.a0), and I didn't archive the developer's web site. Can't find it anywhere on the web anymore, with the exception of my own blog, and I did search archive.org too. They might have it somewhere in there, but since I can't remember the original website URL, it might be buried deep. A friend uploaded it to his site, but that's offline as well, at least for now.

What I do remember is that this was written in the context of some assignment or thesis paper. Sadly, I can't recall at what level of education that was.

Version 0.a0 was the last one released, and it's the only one for which you can blow up the cache from the ~59 MiB configurable via the tray app to ~249 MiB using a registry entry. This can be useful to not run into cache exhaustion with enough RAM in the system when writes start to pile up. I've added a corresponding .reg file to the archive, here's what's inside of it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ffire\Parameters]
"BufferSize"=dword:0000007f

0x0000007f equals to 127 in decimal, so I have no idea how this translates into about 249 MiB... but that's what it does.

I used this on my old HP thin client with a Transmeta Efficēon CPU, 1 GiB of RAM and a super slow CF card for a system drive, and it really helped a lot.

Since my blog, which is running on my own, ancient home server is currently the last place on the planet to host this file as far as I can see it, I'd be more than happy if you could add it to the Storage / Misc category. It's in quite some danger of disappearing forever already.

Thanks for your work! 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    FlashFire-0.a0.7z
    File size
    78.74 KiB
    Downloads
    67 downloads
    File comment
    FlashFire SSD accelerator version 0.a0
    File license
    Public domain

Proud User of a 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP (HiNT Rev.A3 3400) prototype

Reply 1371 of 1466, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GrandAdmiralThrawn wrote on 2023-02-21, 18:42:

I would like to contribute the FlashFire SSD accelerator in final version 0.a0 for 32-bit Windows XP, which was released on the web for no cost and without any license bundled. I never tested it on any more modern 32-bit versions of Windows.

Here you go--
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 9&menustate=0,0

Reply 1373 of 1466, by yukinoshita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,man.I have drivers for cisco aironet 350 wireless lan card.From win95 to winxp and even Linux , macOS .I ripped it from the attached Cd and already uploaded it to Internet Archive.
It was the most compatible card I have ever seen.. And with some tricks you can evenmake it work under dos6.22 and windows 3.11.
Here is the link.
https://archive.org/details/cisco-aironet350

My collections:TP750c TP A31 Ominibook XE3 and 600Ct.Toshiba Libretto 60 ,50M,satellite 320cdt.Vaio P47 and C1XF C1VS.A little jornada 688..

Reply 1374 of 1466, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, the Sound Blaster 128PCI - CT4810 - 5880 Chip is a particularly difficult card to install due to the confusing nomenclatures of the Ensoniq - Creative product transition at the time.

The Vogons Driver Library doesn't have the adequate ones for that particular card for Win9x, as none of the SB128PCI or other CD images/files have worked.

As opposed to the "Web Update" versions which are found everywhere on the Web these drivers are the real deal and are only found by searching for the specific file name. Strangely, despite being the original drivers for the card, it requires 3 files which aren't contained in the "CT5880_9X" package: EAPCI2M, EAPCI4M and EAPCI8M. These files can be found in the complementary "sb128_multi_OS" driver package.

Please specify in the upload description that both packages are needed to complete the installation on Win9x. I'm not 100% certain that those exact files are the ones needed or if there are more, so it's probably best to just keep both packages.

Here's the link with both packages for this specific card model:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a0glqamts7l3e … ckages.zip/file

Someone please upload this when possible, this card in particular has caused some threads to appear due to the same installation issues. Thanks

Reply 1375 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
andre_6 wrote on 2023-06-01, 16:28:
Hello, the Sound Blaster 128PCI - CT4810 - 5880 Chip is a particularly difficult card to install due to the confusing nomenclatu […]
Show full quote

Hello, the Sound Blaster 128PCI - CT4810 - 5880 Chip is a particularly difficult card to install due to the confusing nomenclatures of the Ensoniq - Creative product transition at the time.

The Vogons Driver Library doesn't have the adequate ones for that particular card for Win9x, as none of the SB128PCI or other CD images/files have worked.

As opposed to the "Web Update" versions which are found everywhere on the Web these drivers are the real deal and are only found by searching for the specific file name. Strangely, despite being the original drivers for the card, it requires 3 files which aren't contained in the "CT5880_9X" package: EAPCI2M, EAPCI4M and EAPCI8M. These files can be found in the complementary "sb128_multi_OS" driver package.

Please specify in the upload description that both packages are needed to complete the installation on Win9x. I'm not 100% certain that those exact files are the ones needed or if there are more, so it's probably best to just keep both packages.

Here's the link with both packages for this specific card model:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a0glqamts7l3e … ckages.zip/file

Someone please upload this when possible, this card in particular has caused some threads to appear due to the same installation issues. Thanks

Hmm so the Creative Sound Font Wave sets are missing from original drivers... interesting. Will check it out and upload later when I have time this weekend.
https://www.dosdays.co.uk/topics/software_wavetables_pt2.php

Reply 1376 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've upgraded the Ubuntu release on the VogonsDrivers VPS.

Please let me know if there is any funny behaviour, as I had to update some settings in the new php.ini file.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 1377 of 1466, by Siran

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't find the DOS installation disks for the Aztech Sound Galaxy BX (not BX II, the first one) in the Aztech driver library, so I made images of the two floppy disks and attached them.
Also a proof of ownership.

Attachments

Reply 1378 of 1466, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Siran wrote on 2023-06-02, 09:42:

I couldn't find the DOS installation disks for the Aztech Sound Galaxy BX (not BX II, the first one) in the Aztech driver library, so I made images of the two floppy disks and attached them.
Also a proof of ownership.

I tried to upload this and got this error:
Driver file OK.
Image file OK.
Driver file moving failed!

I messaged @SquallStrife