Super Socket 7: VIA MVP3 vs. ALi Aladdin V

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 82, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote on 2020-04-20, 04:03:

Benchmarks at the same freq. are always the most interesting in my opinion. 300 MHz is a nice round number and you should be able to get some P233MMX results at 300 MHz as well. As far as I recall, the Cx6x86MX is the same as the MII, so not having the 6x86MX isn't a loss.

I mostly agree to you, but the previous round up showed that the 6x86MX (rated at v2.7 or 2.9) has higher performance than the v2.2 counpterparts, the difference is almost 3 fps in quake at 320.

Reply 81 of 82, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You could be right. To be honest, I don't even remember starting this thread, so, so much for memory. Could you remind me where the charts are for that around up and what other benchmarks showed a benefit? There are some registers for the Cyrix 6x86MX or MII which may have been disabled in later versions that may need to be enabled to put them at parity.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 82 of 82, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote on 2020-04-20, 06:10:

You could be right. To be honest, I don't even remember starting this thread, so, so much for memory. Could you remind me where the charts are for that around up and what other benchmarks showed a benefit? There are some registers for the Cyrix 6x86MX or MII which may have been disabled in later versions that may need to be enabled to put them at parity.

This was the topic: Re: Cyrix appreciation thread