If somebody has really fixed the anoying issue (MSI games vs. TFT) then please let me know how you did it!
- What monitor are you using? (mine is Nec 71vm 1280x1024 75hz max)
- Bios version of the Matrox mystique (mine is actual 1.5)
- What driver are you using in windows? mine is POWERDESK 4.31.041)
- What windows monitor type are you using, the one from windows or a matrox monitor (mine is matrox vesa 1024x768 60hz, I have to correct the vesa 512x384 because it's 78hz and my tft requires max 75hz)
- What vesa-driver are you using? (I use sdd 5.3 full version, without it I can't get access to vesa resolutions in most games)
- What DOS monitor are you using (mgamon from the setup351 bios-disk)? that is most essentiell for the MSI games! (mine is also 1024x768 vesa 60hz, same as in windows.
But it does not work, so why is that?
Stargunner detects Vesa2.0 with mystique and SDD loaded, but the screen is black and stays black (monitor shows 640x480x59.1 hz) should be correct because 320x240 seems to be the vesa-mode of the game and the monitor interpolates that to 640x480. But black in black, what's wrong here?
2. Chasm the rift
After loading SDD chasm shows lot's of possible modes and everything works like intended
3. Destrucion Derby2
Intro and Mainscreen does work, looks ugly/disorted and stuttery, starting the game shows blackscreen and locksup the machine.
Monitor stays black, selected VESA 640x480. Don't know what is wrong here.
A lot more testing has to be done!
Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines