Calling 440BX (and LX) users...

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 62, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Logistics wrote:

Info on the net suggests that the major cause of troubles on 1.0 was poor supply of 3.3v through the board, and that one fix was to hook directly to the 3.3v of the PSU. Perhaps running a jumper wire from the 3.3v pin of the ATX connector to the respective pin(s) of the AGP connector would solve this. I'm going to have to try this on my P6DBE.

I've been running a 128MB Gainward Geforce FX5700 for a little while with my SE440BX2 board (3.3V AGP 1.0)... It's been fine so far 😀.

Reply 61 of 62, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PowerPie5000 wrote:
swaaye wrote:

I've run Geforce 2 GTS and Geforce4 Ti on SE440BX (probably Gen 2 or 3).

I know there was an SE440BX-3, but i think it was an 'unofficial' Dell modified version used in their old XPS systems. Intel released and sold the SE440BX and the SE440BX-2 (which i have).

I think i'll have no issues running a power hungry AGP card then... Well apart from the PSU being only 200W, but i have a spare 300W PSU i could use 😀.

Yes, I can confirm it. I have a Dell T450 and it came with the BX-3 version, which has 5 pci and 2 isa. It came with its own dell bios and wouldn't let me flash it to a newer intel one.

However, I did the flash recovery procedure trick via diskette and it successfully overwrote it with the latest intel branded one for the BX-2. The board was even properly detected by the bios as BX-3 😀

Reply 62 of 62, by dskiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Re woke this thread.
I have a gigabyte bx2000 board
P3 at 500mhz
250watts psu
398mb memory..chip issues. Can't seem to get higher
Using windows 98se
Tried 2 dell GeForce4 mx440 agp cards both same model, Using the cards because using dvi to hdmi adapter.

1 dell card only works 2 percent of the time. System won't post and no signal. Might work 1 time and boot but then not next restart and boot.

2nd Dell card same model, but capacitor toward back of card was broken off during unpacking..
But this card actually is working with no problem.