VOGONS

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Please help me here. Is there something I could've completely overseen? Doesn't matter what kind of "MIDI" device I use in both Windows and DOS, the AWE32 synth, the XR385 daugtherboard or the FM synth. All of them give no sound in the right channel. Sound effects, Line In and CD music plays in stereo. I've checked SB16SET and the mixer for MIDI is set to play in both right and left. Moving the channel slider all to the right doesn't mute the right channel completely. There are some sound coming out, but it very faint.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1 of 5, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Digging up an old thread here but I just fired up one of my old pc's with the same sound card and daughterboard with the exact same issue. Anyone know what could cause this?

Reply 4 of 5, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also recently found a CT2760 (rev.1) and I'm having the same problem, except I'm not getting clear sound out of the left channel.
Digitised sound plays back in both channels but, FM & MIDI sounds only in the right channel.
I tested this with both the Line Out & Speaker Out jack and getting the same result.
If I crank up the volume, then I can hear the sound coming through the left channel but very faintly.

Something wrong with the AWE (CT1971) chip or perhaps a capacitor?
Where is a good place to start looking?