VOGONS

First post, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone have a PDF or the original guide for the Powerleap iP3/T adapter? I've just noticed their website no longer exists (it was there not long ago) and i've misplaced my original instruction guide.

A scanned copy or PDF is appreciated. Cheers 😀.

Reply 1 of 10, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Allow me to assist. 😉

http://web.archive.org/web/20020408064722/htt … oducts/iP3T.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/20021122174912/htt … ructions%20.PDF

Reply 2 of 10, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

Thanks! The only thing missing are the voltage jumper options which appear on the later iP3/T versions... Still appreciated though 😉.

Reply 3 of 10, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PowerPie5000 wrote:
swaaye wrote:

Thanks! The only thing missing are the voltage jumper options which appear on the later iP3/T versions... Still appreciated though 😉.

2lnhj45.jpg

Reply 6 of 10, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Soupdragon wrote:

Thanks guys, just bought this from Amibay. Look forward to trying this out. 😎

I think you bought it from me (Hawkins?)... I also sold another on Amibay fairly recently 😀. It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade for slot-1 users and it was a nice improvement over my previous 850MHz PIII Coppermine 😉.

I've stripped my retro rig now as it was just taking up space and not getting used (thanks DOSBox 😜)... I'm still tinkering with the idea on getting a PIII laptop for DOS/Win98 as it can easily be stored away if i don't use it much. I have an old P233 MMX laptop in pristine condition, but the screen quality isn't that great 😒.

Reply 8 of 10, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Soupdragon wrote:

Yep that's me. I am using a PIII 600 at the moment so it should be quite a good speed boost.😀

You'll definitely notice a good speed boost 😎. It would be interesting to see what your motherboard detects the CPU as... My Intel SE440BX2 detected it as a 'Pentium Pro 1200MHz' on the bootup/POST screen, but everything else detected it correctly as a Celeron 1400MHz and it still ran at 1400MHz without any issues 😀.

Reply 9 of 10, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am using the adaptor in an Abit BX6 2.0 440BX chipset mainboard at boot up it shows Celeron 1368mhz. I am going to update the BIOS and see if changes at all. WCPUID sates its running at 1.4ghz and I am getting a nice frame rate boost in games. I am very happy with the purchase. 😀

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 10 of 10, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You have to be careful to match the CPU that you put in these with the motherboard that you are using. In a motherboard that only supports 100mhz FSB, you would be better off to use a Tualeron because they have higher multipliers. Putting a 133mhz FSB P-III in one of these and then putting the adapter into a motherboard that only supports 100mhz FSB results in an underclocked CPU and the BIOS won't report the speed accurately.