VOGONS

First post, by Trevor0402

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i know that Mau1wurf1977 has an SC-55 and DonutKing had an SC-55MKII years ago but he sold it but do any of you have an SC-55? and if you can record all the samples from one instrument tell me.

Reply 1 of 7, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Trevor0402 wrote:

i know that Mau1wurf1977 has an SC-55 and DonutKing had an SC-55MKII years ago but he sold it but do any of you have an SC-55? and if you can record all the samples from one instrument tell me.

I don't have the time nor the interest in doing this. Can you please stop sending me PM's it's getting embarrassing.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 7, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And besides, you'll never make a sound font that sounds like an SC55 becsuse the hardware synthesis engine adds certain effects to playback that you cant emulate with a soundfont. This has all been done before.

See rfnagel's post here
Re: Need an instrument sampled from the Roland Sound Canvas

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 6 of 7, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What part of...

DonutKing wrote:

the hardware synthesis engine adds certain effects to playback that you cant emulate with a soundfont.

...did you not understand?

You can't emulate an MT-32 using a SoundFont for the exact same reason. Get Virtual Sound Canvas.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 7 of 7, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm surprised that a card like Audigy or Xfi can't accept custom DSP effects that would allow more elaborate soundfonts. Probably a Creative software limitation.