Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anybody know which brand or type this motherboard is:

$T2eC16dHJHoFGl,OYNOlBSeBO7sSc!~~60_57.JPG

What i know:

1. 286 - 12 Mhz processor
2. AMI bios roms.
3. The yellow stick on the left says its made in 1991.
4. It have Texas instruments chipset: TACT8230 [2PB] and [3PB] chips.
5. Board supports DIP ram and SIPP ram.
6. I guess that the board could support 4MB of ram..

I like to find a data sheet so i know what some of the jumpers do.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 2 of 4, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam trying, but dont want to remove the whole sticker.. I like to have the manufacturered date intact. But it seems it wont get easy off. Iam also thinking theres nothing under it..

I have started this motherboard up..

The bios string says: D286-1295-091589-K0 (last number is zero)

Have putting 2 x 1MB SIPPs in but only sees 512KB..

The memory counting is as slow as an other VLSI board i have..

I think a little how it works on the memory side.. I did some trail and error... And played with jumpers J1 J2 J3... ( i already thought they would for setting up the memory)
First i did just one off and hoping that it should helped to get more then 512KB, but didnt help.. So i taken all off, and now counting 02048 KB of sipp memory..
Iam not very pleased with this type off sipp socket.. It needs to clip inside that `socket` but its extremely hard to get those sipps out.. I also tried it with a flat screwdriver with precision..
But now i have them off.. And mounted in the right position.

Reply 3 of 4, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've found codes under the sticker in that position before, which is why I suggested it.

From memory my 286 motherboard can use either the onboard IC RAM, OR SIPP RAM, not both at the same time. This is controlled by jumpers, so the behavior you're seeing sound right.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 4 of 4, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is there a best methode (the easiest way) to get that sticker off without damaging the gold part on the PCB?
I have the system running with the Sipps installed as i said 1 post before.. But now i thinking of installing dips instead, because the board is old and does sipp sockets are very sturdy.. Dont want to try it with lubricate stuff..
So instead of those sipps, for my idea i could better use dips because i cant push them to break.. I only need to know if this board can handle 1MB dip chips.. Then i need to know which type of dip i need to use..
I have some 1MB dips here, but those are 9 pins on each side.. So i need the 10 pins on each side chips.. i actually dont know which type it is..
I guess that i only need 4 of those 1MB chips for 2048KB of total memory.. the socket on the left side seems to me its for the parity side of memory.