Trio32 PCI

Topic actions

First post, by JaNoZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,

Anyone happen to have an S3 Trio32 PCI?

i have a card without the bios chip mounted and i would like to have a copy of the bios if anyone could help me out?

thanks

jan

Reply 1 of 13, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll have a look in my attic if I have one (probably not as I only took mostly Virge's, but you never know 😜 )

How would I go along in getting that BIOS file???
I'll be needing some assistance there, but perhaps someone else here already has the file ready to be uploaded.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 13, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nevermind, I looked in my kiwibox of pre-Virge S3 cards and all I seemed to have are Trio64's and a couple Cirrus Logic cards

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 13, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am not using a S3 Trio32 in any of my systems but I think I perhaps have one.
If no other member has a card in his/her system I could try to find one.
I do also need to know what application to use for dumping the bios to a file.

[edit] I did only find S3 Trio64 cards [/edit]

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 6 of 13, by Slaventus86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Diamond Stealth SE PCI, will it be okay? What software should I use to get BIOS dump from it under Windows98SE?

Videocard Virtual Museum

Reply 7 of 13, by JaNoZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am not sure what program would be capable to read it out from the pc or in win98.

I was hoping some has a eeprom burner to read out the eeprom.

I have one, and reading it as a 27c512 or 27c256 or maybe even 27c128 would succeed in reading all the data stored in the eprom.
Which i need, the roms probably are uv erasable so emptying them would be not possible for you.

I see it is probably possible from dos and uniflash, there should be used -pcirom and a pci device nr.
Maybe someone uniflash guru here at vogons can help out a little bit, i am no expert.

Thanks for all the replies so far, i would like to try out the trio32 just for kicks instead of having to throw it out.
I have loads of eeprom's and eproms of this type but i need the raw data 😉

//edit
Btw the sweetheart card looks exactly like :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-Video-card-S3-Tri … A-/131112707983

But only has a trio32 on there instead, just like the stealth SE indeed.
Come to think of it, maybe that same bios file for the trio64 will also be compatible to the trio32.
I see the memory bus is selectable through a jumper, maybe the trio32 is a 64 with jumpered memory bus to 32bit instead of 64 for the trio64.? hmm.
And i see there is a 27c512 on there, on the ebay card, but probably the vga bios will show the text trio64 and we dont want that do we?.
I want 32bit powa.

Reply 10 of 13, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The OP didn't mentioned the brand of his card. If required, I could read out the BIOS of a STB Powergraph/32.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 13 of 13, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can do this with debug, but imho much more convenient is to use NSSI and then choose Save ROMs to File.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool