VOGONS

First post, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am trying to test a MPU-401/AT, but Windows 98SE won't see it when searching for either PnP or non-PnP devices. And there is no any standard Roland driver supplied with it. Is it normal behaviour for a MPU-401/AT? I also can't seem to make it work in DOS, tried 330h, 300h, 320h and 332h, all in vain. Is there any drivers available for Windows 98 and/or any method to tell whether the card is DOA?

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 1 of 6, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it doesn't work in DOS you have a problem...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 6, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

make sure you are not using IRQ2 for something else... IRQ conflicts make the card non-responsive
also in windows you just use the generic MPU-401 driver, there never was a special driver...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 6, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have ruled this out. The card had its address jumpers set to an inappropriate positions (not corresponding to any valid address setting) AND there was an IRQ conflict with Matrox Mystique. Fixing the address jumpers and moving the card into another system with WD-based video card solved the problem.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 5 of 6, by solartony

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2014-03-18, 07:14:

make sure you are not using IRQ2 for something else... IRQ conflicts make the card non-responsive
also in windows you just use the generic MPU-401 driver, there never was a special driver...

have you come across a windows 2000 driver to enable a physical
midi port with midi in/out thru the pc mobo gameport ?

the pc gameport is roland mpu-401 spec compatible
and supposed to allow midi in/out thru pins 12 & 15 ...

peace