VOGONS

First post, by OnekiKai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First post and straight to the point...sorry X_X

I came across a Diamond Monster Sound with the 4MB Dream-Roland Wavetable card. I don't see any way to get in touch with the operator of Wavetable.nl to send him recordings of the card. Would anyone here know?

For those who want them now: https://rapidshare.com/share/196E949CE0575CEA … 96E353E5741AD2C

Also, due to financial issues it's in my best interest to sell it instead of keeping it to collect dust. Is there a method for offering it here instead of just tossing it up on eBay?

Reply 1 of 10, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello and welcome to Vogons!

Salient was a cool guy, we talked through PMs a few times and I even bought a Roland SC-7 from him a few years ago. Unfortunately, he hasn't logged in since early 2012, so I doubt you'll find him here. Isn't there any email in his site that you can reach him?
He also used to frequent the Quest Studios forum, so you might find him there.

In any case, good job on the recordings! I believe this card is a pretty standard wavetable card that tries to imitate the Roland products. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Reply 2 of 10, by OnekiKai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well poo. No, his site does not seem to have any contact info on it. I suppose it would emulate the Roland products: It uses officially licensed Roland samples! XP

I seem to remember some story about how Dream bootlegged the SC-55 wave set early on and somehow gained a license after that. This card is a later generation one using Roland instead of their own Cleanwave samples. The SC-55 had 3MB and this card has 4MB. They seemed to use the extra 1MB to toss in a few SC-88 samples. I honestly think this bank revision is one of their best products. I had an older Terratec card that could load a 10MB Dream bank and it sounded good...but the DSP effects were so bad and difficult to set up it kinda ruined it.

Reply 4 of 10, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am still in touch with Salient. Just send me a PM and I'll look up his e-mail address for you. There may be a few new recordings on wavetable.nl soon.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 5 of 10, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OnekiKai wrote:

I seem to remember some story about how Dream bootlegged the SC-55 wave set early on and somehow gained a license after that. This card is a later generation one using Roland instead of their own Cleanwave samples. The SC-55 had 3MB and this card has 4MB. They seemed to use the extra 1MB to toss in a few SC-88 samples. I honestly think this bank revision is one of their best products. I had an older Terratec card that could load a 10MB Dream bank and it sounded good...but the DSP effects were so bad and difficult to set up it kinda ruined it.

This was resolved here at vogons more than 3 years ago:
Re: Testing a Terratec EWS64XL; includes Doom recording

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 6 of 10, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PeterLI wrote:

FYI: Salient quit the MIDI hobby in 2012. He sold almost everything to pursue photography. This NL person is still active in MIDI: http://members.home.nl/c.kersten/. 😀

Oh, I had no idea! I do remember him selling a lot of stuff back in 2010, which is when I got my SC-7, but that didn't even cross my mind.

Reply 7 of 10, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I still have a lot of elianda's MIDI recordings shared online. Dream included.
Sound Card Recordings

I hope to come across a Monster Sound MX200 someday. That is what we're discussing here btw.

Reply 8 of 10, by OnekiKai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
swaaye wrote:

I hope to come across a Monster Sound MX200 someday. That is what we're discussing here btw.

Mine's available. I planned on putting in on eBay as soon as I get my new debit card so eBay will let me! >_> Also, what happened to your site? I had planned on recording those MIDIs too.

Reply 9 of 10, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Back from hibernation 😀

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 10 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Salient wrote:

Back from hibernation 😀

welcome back!!!! 😊 😊 😊 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website