VOGONS

First post, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

While trying to retrace the history of past PC parts I found this picture on my hard drive:

rNuphkp.jpg

I have very little memory of this video card but I suppose I bought it to replace a Geforce 3, maybe around 2001 or 2002? I probably used this in an Athlon XP1500+ system and later with a Pentium IV 2.8ghz with the P4G8X board that appears on the picture. It is most certainly some kind of Geforce because I don't think I was using Radeons at the time, but I don't remember which model, and I've sold the card long ago. This picture is all I have and unfortunately it is not of the best quality...

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 1 of 4, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It has a molex power connector so it has to be quite powerful. Maybe a Geforce FX 5800 or 5900 or Radeon 9800?

The cooler seems easy to remove and you can get a look at the chip.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 4, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Absolutely an MSI GeForce FX; 5700 looks closest, otherwise a low-spec 5900 (like an SE or XT - I was once offered an MSI "5900XD" at a flea market that looked almost identical to that card; I passed on it because the seller didn't have good answers to my questions). No way it's a 5800 though (and MSI's coolers on the 5600's are too dissimilar from that as well).

Time-wise it'd be mid/late 2003 or later; 2001 would've been GeForce 3, and 2002 for GeForce 4.