VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone else have one of these? It's a programmable gamepad controller that plugs into the PS/2 port and whose buttons mimic keyboard keys. Your PS/2 keyboard plugs into a splitter cable attached to the controller. Because it is seen as a keyboard, it can be used in all DOS games (it's good for Windows games too).

I've read that some people have had issues with a key getting "stuck" in the on position. I have this happen with my Toshiba Tecra laptop but not my Shuttle XPC. A leaflet included with the manual says that the controller has problems when a PS/2 keyboard mouse is plugged in at the same time. The Tecra's trackpoint "mouse" may be causing the problem.

The manufacturer, Act Labs, also made an arcade stick version of the controller. I think that the MAME crowd harvests the PCB for custom controllers.

PowerRampMite_01.JPG

Reply 1 of 1, by tokyoracer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's one interesting controller, can't be many of these around! Reminds me when I used software to map a cheap USB pad to keyboard keys some years ago. I guess this is just a hardware version of that.

I'd usually expect to see this kinda thing from LGR (YouTube) "Oddware" videos.