VOGONS

AWE64 Gold: Code 9 issue

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by moumiaq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone , sorry for the revival of this dinosaur , but i can not find anywhere " AWE64 firmware flash " .

My card is an AWE 64 GOLD CT4390 . I found a flash from DELL but it is for CT4502 so i won't use it .

If someone can share for AWE 64 GOLD CT4390 please send me a message . Thank you .

Reply 21 of 23, by franky52

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for necroposting, but I had to flash my AWE 64 GOlD CT4390 with the DELL firmware to be able to use it. Windows 98SE didn’t like the PNP firmware and reflashing was the only solution.

Now I have it working but it’s recognised as an AWE64 (no GOLD). Everything seems to be working properly but I wold like it to be identified as a GOLD.

Is there any other firmware or can the DELL firmware be patched to get a “genuine” AWE64 GOLD?
Thank you.

Reply 22 of 23, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm just about to do some ROM chip removal & backup from an AWE64 CT4500 and my AWE64 gold - the Gold has a different problem in that it doesn't seem memory right now, but would you be willing to try it if the dell reflasher can be modified to flash the Gold ROM file?
I don't think the ROM is corrupt, but if it is, you could just reflash the Dell firmware.

Reply 23 of 23, by franky52

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote:

I'm just about to do some ROM chip removal & backup from an AWE64 CT4500 and my AWE64 gold - the Gold has a different problem in that it doesn't seem memory right now, but would you be willing to try it if the dell reflasher can be modified to flash the Gold ROM file?
I don't think the ROM is corrupt, but if it is, you could just reflash the Dell firmware.

I’m more than willing to try to reflash my AWE64 GOLD with your firmware. But I would need an installer like the DELL one, as I don’t have any chip programmer.