VOGONS

Reply 401 of 27499, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unboxed my newly aquired Amiga A600 with external fdd and tested to see if it was functioning correctly. Yip party like it's 1992 baby!! I know it's not x86 but...............

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 402 of 27499, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Caluser2000 wrote:

Unboxed my newly aquired Amiga A600 with external fdd and tested to see if it was functioning correctly. Yip party like it's 1992 baby!! I know it's not x86 but...............

Yet quite retro in terms of computers...... 😉

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 403 of 27499, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Had a blast doing some retro setup and testing of my newly aquired TNT2 Ultra 32mb AGP from creative.
Passive cooled.... Tried it in both K6-2 and Slot1 Celeron systems, and tested out how far up in driver versions I could get.
Untill the system just gave too many errors, before I reverted to 5X.XX drivers for this baby.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 404 of 27499, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just testing some old gear, starting with Socket A stuff. Got an NF7-S given to me as a dead board up and running. Next thing to do is update the SATA firmware so it supports 2TB drives.

dwct4j.jpg

Went on to test out a GF3 board - seems to be nVidia reference, with part number P50, thought it was a Ti200. Sadly it gave an error code on POST. I took the HSF off - turns out to be a Ti500. Might try the oven trick on it and see if it can be brought to life at all ...

2mdgqvn.jpg
10r3kuh.jpg

Reply 405 of 27499, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam being busy with dismantle my Laser XT/3 8086 machine and starting cleaning.. Also the insides of the power supply gets a nice dust free clean, so everthing would like usable again.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 406 of 27499, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After several weeks talking to someone on #VC about dialing my terminal controller into their AS/400 system we decided to give it a go today after he assisted in finding me an image of the microcode boot disk and partially configuring everything.

IMG_7303.jpg
IMG_7298.jpg

It started to work but there's still a few issues with configuration. The controller overrides the modem and makes it immediately try and originate a call even though no number is programmed.
He also forgot to plug his modem in before he left work. 😒

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 408 of 27499, by Bullmecha

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just got my Interplay 15th Anniversary Anthology Disks.... Time for some gaming fun.

Just a guy with a bad tinkering habit.
i5 6600k Main Rig
too many to list old school rigs

Reply 409 of 27499, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CelGen wrote:
After several weeks talking to someone on #VC about dialing my terminal controller into their AS/400 system we decided to give i […]
Show full quote

After several weeks talking to someone on #VC about dialing my terminal controller into their AS/400 system we decided to give it a go today after he assisted in finding me an image of the microcode boot disk and partially configuring everything.

It started to work but there's still a few issues with configuration. The controller overrides the modem and makes it immediately try and originate a call even though no number is programmed.

Hardcore. I love it!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 411 of 27499, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:
CelGen wrote:
After several weeks talking to someone on #VC about dialing my terminal controller into their AS/400 system we decided to give i […]
Show full quote

Hardcore. I love it!

Yeah, why not have an AS/400 in your living room? 😎

Part of my education was programming COBOL on an AS/400... not fun for a teenager, but I have respect for these systems now.

Reply 413 of 27499, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

AS/400, System i, i Series were/are exceptional machines; highly dependable and secure. They are like A10 Warthogs. Almost nothing will manage to bring them down.

Agreed. The company I work for still uses an AS/400 system for accounting I believe. It's been rock solid for over 25 years.

Reply 414 of 27499, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I got drunk today for thanksgiving. And bought 2gb of pc133 of ECC ram for my p3 (which wasnt needed) and threw a bid at a slot A motherboard. oops. Guys alcohol and ebay dont mix

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 415 of 27499, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote:

Well I got drunk today for thanksgiving. And bought 2gb of pc133 of ECC ram for my p3 (which wasnt needed) and threw a bid at a slot A motherboard. oops. Guys alcohol and ebay dont mix

Eh why not?
You can never have enough RAM sticks IMO

Reply 416 of 27499, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

haha thanks. I feel slightly better about my poor decision making xD I have so many 256mb sticks that I could probs make the money back selling pc133 haha

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 418 of 27499, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since the Macintosh Plus repair became a bit more involved than I expected, requiring me to take out the oscilloscope and isolation transformer I decided to check out the UK Apple IIc I got along with it. Made a compatible power supply out of a 12V 1.5A brick I had lying around and a female DIN5 plug to which I drilled two holes for the extra unused pins, built a null-modem cable for data transfer and dug out & cleaned a QuickShot Apple/IBM compatible joystick I had buried in a box of techno-junk. Fired it up and got a pleasant surprise:

dscn1844.jpg?w=800

The computer is outputting NTSC video in full color! 😁 So I sat down and played a few rounds of Retro Fever. 😀

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 419 of 27499, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice. I remember having one of those joysticks on my first x86 box-a clone 286/16. Never did find out where it disappeared to. .

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉