Reply 23120 of 25416, by Thermalwrong
Gluing this T2150CDT back together, first with superglue to join the clean break of the front plastic, then epoxy behind to reinforce it. The black mark is where epoxy couldn't go because it'd block the capacitor by the CPU. I really hate working with epoxy, I got some under a fingernail this time 🙁
Then some really tiny soldering to repair all the scratched traces on this thing's motherboard, thankfully it worked after. I haven't had a good use for the microscope for ages but this copper enamel wire was small enough that I was having trouble even seeing it. I cleaned up any bridged traces and put solder mask on it and it looks pretty good now.
The external floppy drive had some interesting problems too, that's another EME278TB drive which is belt driven. The belt was okay but it wasn't possible to put a disk in, that turned out to be a tiny metal tab was bent over enough that it couldn't be moved by the nylon arm that moves when a disk is pushed in. Kind of amazed the belt is still good in this one and I'm the first person to have a go at fixing it, no alignment problems hooray.