VOGONS

Reply 381 of 27574, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jwt27 wrote:

Nothing special, really... You'll see it when I get it (and all the other parts I ordered) 😀

If you feel you're up for it, i could use a YMF-71x based card designed with high quality components. 😎

Reply 382 of 27574, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
duncan wrote:
Hi @RacoonRider, […]
Show full quote

Hi @RacoonRider,

...that is so much retro it counts twice 😉

greetings from a married
duncan

PeterLI wrote:

Congratulations! Welcome to the married club! 😀

Thank you guys 😁

Reply 383 of 27574, by duncan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

#?&#-§!!!!! Spent the last three hours to test a nice´n´tiny 4DPS Ver2.11- different RAM used, different CPUs, PSU, graphics, resetted/cleared bios, name what you want - IF it boots up, it stops after recognizing (correctly) the CPU and doesn´t react any more. Not being into electronics (measuring tiny voltages, soldering aso) I give up. Wanted to make it a "brother" for my PVI-486SP3, but not with AM5x86, but a Cyrix5x86 I´ve got. What a pity. A wizard of electronic work might find out what the problem is and even repair it, I myself am at the end with my abilities.
grmblgrmbl hopefully you all were more successful with what you´ve done,
greetings duncan

@RacoonRider: Hey, it can be fun even 😉
says one, married for 9 years, having been together another 9 before marriage...

Gibt es hier Freiburger? Interessiert an Kontakten.

Reply 384 of 27574, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
carlostex wrote:
jwt27 wrote:

Nothing special, really... You'll see it when I get it (and all the other parts I ordered) 😀

If you feel you're up for it, i could use a YMF-71x based card designed with high quality components. 😎

I've thought about this actually. It doesn't seem too difficult, since we already have working examples, and the YMF chips are well documented.
But first I want to see what my super-simple cards can do.. and if they even work as planned 🤣

Reply 385 of 27574, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did a new build today. I found out that one of my cases actually supports baby-at board's (must have overlooked that one).

The machine is based on an Epox-MVP3-C board, sporting an K6-2 at 500 mhz.
It's got 384 mb PC-100, 16mb TNT2 agp, Asus SCSI, Voodoo1, SB-Live and a SB16-ISA card.
It has DVD, Plextor CD-Burner and a 120 gigabyte seagate HDD.

This machine is running memtest and if all goes well, then this is going to be my new win98 machine.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 386 of 27574, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RacoonRider wrote:

Got married, does that count?

Congratulations from here.....

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 387 of 27574, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I needed a bracket to mount a pci wi-fi card in a am2 system that I pieced together out of a bunch of scrap machines. A dual 56k modem card gave up it's slot bracket before retiring to the scrap bin and handing over it's duty to the new guard. R.I.P Generic dell dial up card.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 388 of 27574, by Living

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:

Got married, does that count?

More retro everiday, ppl nowadays tend to not marry

Aniway, congratz 😀

Reply 389 of 27574, by butterfly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

"[...] realize you're living in the golden years"
I'm only into lame software stuff. I got 2 Cubo CD32 CD-ROMs and I'm trying to make them work with an emulator. I'm trying several combos of emulators versions and configurations because the thingie used to have custom controls. I got one of the 2 games working fine, so far using WinUAE 2.7.0 (controls don't work with newer versions though). MAME emulates both games but they are too slow on my netbook (which is the computer I use most or at all, since I have to move a lot along the day)

Reply 390 of 27574, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I made my very first 5.25 Windows 95B boot floppy and a 5.25 version of Hard Disk Sentinel using my Pentium 150MHz, 16MB ram, 2.5GB hdd, Windows 95 PC that uses both 3.5 and 5.25 drives to convert formats and back up my floppy collection. Boy... 2.5GB feels like a bottomless pit when you're only using it for floppy backups! 😜

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 391 of 27574, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Today I weeded through my Glide wrapper collection for feipoa. 😁
Re: Carmageddon D3D acceleration in DOS

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 392 of 27574, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

An hour ago started Quake II on my modern rig with glide wrapper. Loaned my Voodoo-rig to my brother so this is the only way just now. Surprcingly well that old gem runs Core i7 and W8.1, no sweat at all 😀

Reply 396 of 27574, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Warcraft 3 TFT : The World RPG
Burning Chiptune music to Audio Discs (I love portable / Standalone Audio disk players!).

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 397 of 27574, by AlphaDangerDen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Completely stripped down an AT mid-tower case and washed it. It even has a case badge from a defunct local computer business from the town I used to live in. Might post pics later.

Reply 398 of 27574, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam started with cleaning on the PSU from my laser Turbo 8086 XT machine.. If iam finished with that.. Then removing all the components from the case.. And backup the roms of the motherboard. And cleaning the whole case. Lucky this case is in very good shape, so it wont take much time when its ready..

I really would like if this XT would be done, so i really can relaxing and playing those so missed PC XT dos games. 😊

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 399 of 27574, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Played CivNet with a friend today. Won one game after 3.5 hours. Started another game: to be continued. The nice thing is that you can save and load. The game worked 100% between the US and EU without any crashes.

I also played some Colonization and Lotus.