VOGONS

First post, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello vintage PC fans, I'm looking for a feather light audio recording software so I can record the midi music out of the sound cards of my 486, Pentium, and Pentium MMX PCs. (line in hooked to line out) I have tried using the win9x sound recorder but it won't let me record past 60 sec. An online fix instructed to record a "blank recording of 60 sec" then import as many times needed to increase the recording length. I do that and I get a "Not enough memory available to complete this operation" error. I'm stuck at 64MB ram on my 200MHz Pentium MMX test PC, due to the cache problem of it's 430tx chipset. I've tried Audacity but it required 300MHz, so the recording skipped as I created it. Works fine on my Pentium II 333MHz. Not sure what to use now. What would be some good examples I can try please?

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 1 of 4, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On my Pentium 75 and 200 MHz Machines i used Creative Wave Studio installed by the Drivers for Soundblaster 16.

I record over 1 Hour from Radio in Wav Format (around 1 to 2 GB on HDD).
Then cut to Single Tracks and burn them on CD.

Reply 4 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

or any old version of Cool Edit. Even 1.31 from 1994 can do. The limitations being you can either choose two sets features at once, and if you just want record, save, and amplify you can just do that.

apsosig.png
long live PCem