VOGONS

First post, by HansZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I've just picked locally Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, which unfortunately doesn't work. POST codes indicate Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue - one long and three short beeps. I've noticed some weird discolored capacitors (see pictures).Did anyone had any similar issues? Thanks

tumblr_nc9ejej45f1situf3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc9ejej45f1situf3o2_500.jpg

Reply 1 of 4, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Give a recap a try as it is worth it but if that doesn't fix it don't trash it, just put it away as spare parts card for future salvage. Very strange that all of them are popped.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 4, by HansZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
nforce4max wrote:

Give a recap a try as it is worth it but if that doesn't fix it don't trash it, just put it away as spare parts card for future salvage. Very strange that all of them are popped.

Do you know where to find values for these capacitors?

Reply 3 of 4, by G1nX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HansZ wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

Do you know where to find values for these capacitors?

The values are written on the caps themselves 10uF 16v . You can also find them on STB Voodoo3 cards which can be used as donor cards and aren't that expensive to procure.
You could also try online or local shops for these type of caps but I don't think these caps are the main issue with the card.
In any case I wish you luck in repairing it.

Cheers,
G1nX

Retro-gamer & VGA Collector