Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

pretty much the question in the title.

Reply 3 of 5, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use the Omega 1.03, Don't ask me why, it was just one of the ones i grabbed from falconfly. Been using it since 2009 with no issues. One or two games don't work, but i've yet to detirmine whether that's a graphics issue or not.

I've never bothered toying around and changing it seeing as it worked well for just about most games and general use. I have 82 games installed on my machine, just about all are D3D and 3dfx (the earlier games go on my DOS machine), and have only had 2 games that refuse to work outright, and one of them still plays if I bypass the main menu (some weird issue).

Sometimes I find green vertical lines on images while on the internet, but I'm unsure whether that's due to card capability or driver. The same sort of glitches occasionally appear in games, for example half the mini map in Warzone 2100 is glitched up, and sometimes AOE or Desperados goes all negative colours on me. But rarely, and only when I tab out, sometimes it works if I tab out again and come back in. 😈

I really aught to experiment more, but if it's working is there any point in causing wasted time. 😊 I wonder if I should use the final 1.07 whql ?? I am not very well 3dfx versed, maybe someone else will come along with what he regards as the better driver.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 4 of 5, by nekurahoka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been using the 1.07 drivers with no problems thus far on 98se. I loaded sfft drivers on my XP boot and have had some strange rendering issues.

Dell Dimension XPS R400, 512MB SDRAM, Voodoo3 2000 AGP, Turtle Beach Montego, ESS Audiodrive 1869f ISA, Dreamblaster Synth S1
Dell GH192, P4 3.4 (Northwood), 4GB Dual Channel DDR, ATI Radeon x1650PRO 512MB, Audigy 2ZS, Alacritech 2000 Network Accelerator

Reply 5 of 5, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just a bit of an update. I decided to switch to 1.07 drivers and now I can run Clusterball, which previously I could not. And the talk about performance increase when using Omega driver I have not even detected any difference between the two. Was playing Quake 2 for hours and could not detect anything more than the usual slow down on certain areas. 😊

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊