PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS CASE!!! :D

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 82, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:
Oh, great, now I want one of these; http://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/pics/cases_computer_340series_translucent_cases.jpg […]
Show full quote

Oh, great, now I want one of these;
cases_computer_340series_translucent_cases.jpg

Must have that!

Reply 21 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok folks -

Just checking in, how are those garage/warehouse/recycling center/goodwill store searches going? Anyone come up with a CSX917A, B, C or D? Remember, CSX917D preferably. 😉

Be sure to refer to the pictures provided either on page 1 of this thread, or here:

http://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/cases_computer.htm

Thanks so much for your continued help and support on this guys!

Reply 22 of 82, by armankordi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hm....
23w5hds.jpg

IBM PS/2 8573-121 386-20 DOS6.2/W3.1
IBM PS/2 8570-E61 386-16 W95
IBM PS/2 8580-071 386-16 (486DX-33 reply) OS/2 warp
486DX/2 - 66/32mb ram/256k cache/504mb hdd/cdrom/awe32/DOS6.2/WFW3.11
K6/2 - 350/128mb ram/512k cache/4.3gb hdd/cdr/sblive/w98

Reply 23 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Armankordi -

I am not sure what's going on, but I'm unable to view the picture in your last post. (Probably because I'm on a locked-down PC at work). Can you send the picture file to zsknight22@hotmail.com? Or PM me with the specifics of your post. Thanks so much!

Reply 24 of 82, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
armankordi wrote:

hm....

Wrong model. The one zsknight22 is looking for is the "ATX Super 2000 CSX917" further down the page. The one you posted is very common where I live.

Reply 25 of 82, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried any local PC repair shops? They have lots of old outdated hardware, left behind from customer upgrades I suppose. Sometimes it's sitting out for sale, but I think they probably end up dumping most of it.
BTW, those shops are also a great way to find miscellaneous brackets and whatnot.
Finding this one particular case would probably be needle in a haystack, but if you leave them a picture and an offer, maybe they'll keep an eye out for it.

Thing is, AT is so old now that even those shops probably don't see it very often anymore, but occasionally they could.

Reply 27 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shamino wrote:
Have you tried any local PC repair shops? They have lots of old outdated hardware, left behind from customer upgrades I suppose […]
Show full quote

Have you tried any local PC repair shops? They have lots of old outdated hardware, left behind from customer upgrades I suppose. Sometimes it's sitting out for sale, but I think they probably end up dumping most of it.
BTW, those shops are also a great way to find miscellaneous brackets and whatnot.
Finding this one particular case would probably be needle in a haystack, but if you leave them a picture and an offer, maybe they'll keep an eye out for it.

Thing is, AT is so old now that even those shops probably don't see it very often anymore, but occasionally they could.

As a resident of the greater St. Louis area, we are lucky to have a whopping multitude of mom-and-pop type PC repair stores. Before posting here, I have reached out to over 50 stores in the area (Not exaggerating, frighteningly enough), all to no avail. Most of the folks give me the generic, "Why would you want that case? It's so old..." type of response or other people seem interested to help but in over 2 years of searching haven't heard back from them. (Offers and pictures happily distributed too)

I really am up against the wall... this little case is insanely elusive. And I would do nearly anything for it... which is why I depend on you guys, the good folks of the internet to help as best as you can. Let me take this opportunity to extend my continued thanks for your input and searching.

Please, keep the suggestions and searches coming. If anyone comes across the Super 2000 Maxtop (Possibly Hivemind branded) CSX917D Mini AT Tower... in a closet, in a garage, in a landfill, in a pile of rubble, in a recycling center, in a warehouse, in a store, or in outer space even 😁 ... please let me know. Thanks!

As always for convenience, you may scroll down the page found here to view a picture of what I'm looking for:

Reply 29 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all -

Just wanted to check in and see how the scouring and roving of local warehouses, recycling centers, garages, goodwill stores, junk heaps, and black holes are going. Any luck? Any and all info even remotely pertaining to the CSX917D Mini AT Tower I'm seeking would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for all the continued vigilance and correspondence!

Happy Holidays!

Reply 30 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
computergeek92 wrote:

By the way has anyone seen cases looking like these around? My dad had the grey and beige one. I've always wanted to find one again and build a pc just like his with the same ASUS A7V mobo. They are called "Apevia ATX998KL" or simply just "Turbo Case" and I think they are one of the best looking cases of that era.

I think your dream just came true. I found the following by searching on eBay for "Vintage Computer Case". More specifics follow the pics:

greywhite1.jpg

greywhite2.jpg

greywhite3.jpg

The following guy on eBay is selling it:

Seller: mat.mcca
Store: E-Z Computer parts and more

If all else fails, I believe the item # to look for on eBay is 221603857000.

Well guys... computergeek92 is very likely going to be a very happy camper soon. If anyone can help do me a similar service... please let me know anything you find out about the elusive Maxtop (Hivemind) Super 2000 Series CSX917D Mini AT Tower I'm looking for:

Again, view it by scrolling down this page:

Thanks very much for your continued help and vigilance!

Reply 31 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, it's been a while since there's been any movement on this thread. I was just checking in to see if anyone's had any luck spotting the CSX-917D I've been looking for. Any and all information or leads are always appreciated!

Thanks again for your vigilance and support!

Reply 33 of 82, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
armankordi wrote:

hm....

Had many models of that case, good cases.
They will fit baby AT boards, just make your own IO plate.
But.... all the ones I've ever owned came with the dangerous DEER power supplies that were guaranteed to explode and catch on fire at some point.
DEER now Allied I'd avoid any PSU they make.

Last edited by AlphaWing on 2015-08-13, 04:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 34 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
AlphaWing wrote:
Had many models of that case, good cases. They will fit baby AT boards, just make your own IO plate. But.... all the ones I've e […]
Show full quote

Had many models of that case, good cases.
They will fit baby AT boards, just make your own IO plate.
But.... all the ones I've ever owned came with the dangerous DEER power supplies that were guaranteed to explode and catch on fire at some point.
DEER now Allied I'd avoid any PSU they make.

Any chance you still have some of these cases? And possibly, do you have a CSX917D? If so, I can certainly give you a great return on investment 😉 PM me with any deal related info.

Reply 35 of 82, by ReeseRiverson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
armankordi wrote:
hm.... http://i57.tinypic.com/23w5hds.jpg […]
Show full quote

hm....
23w5hds.jpg

Huh, that's very similar to mine, but with some minor differences, such as case badge location and one less 5.25" bay.

IMG_2538-800px.jpg

They do make great cases for sure. 😀

Reply 36 of 82, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The ones I have still are all being used by Baby AT boards sorry.
Painted one yellow 🤣 its in the rig screenshot section.
But there really not that uncommon.
You should be able to find one somewhere around the great lakes.

As pointed out above, there are many models of that case just with different faceplates\sidepanels.

Reply 37 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
AlphaWing wrote:
The ones I have still are all being used by Baby AT boards sorry. Painted one yellow lol its in the rig screenshot section. But […]
Show full quote

The ones I have still are all being used by Baby AT boards sorry.
Painted one yellow 🤣 its in the rig screenshot section.
But there really not that uncommon.
You should be able to find one somewhere around the great lakes.

As pointed out above, there are many models of that case just with different faceplates\sidepanels.

I appreciate your response. To put it VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY mildly:

I sincerely wish I had the same luck finding the CSX-917D Mini AT Tower as you have.

Since you have been so successful in collecting not one, but several of this seemingly impossible to find case, and also since you claim they are "not that uncommon" perhaps you would be kind enough to point me in the direction of an actual person or store who has one in stock, right now, ready to sell? I would make that person's return on investment quite substantial. 😀

I can't express in words the difficulty I have had in finding this case. It is even harder to properly express the disappointment in finding an individual who has several and can not even part with a single one. But, it is what it is... I too am a collector.

That being said, if any other readers on this forum have had the same luck finding a CSX917D case and are actually willing to part with one... PLEASE... I AM BEGGING YOU... help me out.

Thanks for your continued help, vigilance and responses!

Reply 38 of 82, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
zsknight22 wrote:

I sincerely wish I had the same luck finding the CSX-917D Mini AT Tower as you have.
Since you have been so successful in collecting not one, but several of this seemingly impossible to find case...

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I remember seeing a yellow case in the rig pictures thread and it was nothing like what you are looking for. I think you made the mistake of linking to a page that has lots of different computer cases, so people see one they have and immediately think it's the one you are looking for.

That said I saw a full computer with the ATX model of that case (CSX-917C) for sale in a local classifieds site if you're interested.

Reply 39 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
devius wrote:

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I remember seeing a yellow case in the rig pictures thread and it was nothing like what you are looking for. I think you made the mistake of linking to a page that has lots of different computer cases, so people see one they have and immediately think it's the one you are looking for.

That said I saw a full computer with the ATX model of that case (CSX-917C) for sale in a local classifieds site if you're interested.

I think you are correct. For reference and continued ease of viewing and replying to this thread, here is a picture of the full CSX-917 series. Please remember, I'm looking for the CSX917D.

917_series.jpg

Again guys... I want to say thanks for your continued views and replies to this topic. I'm still convinced that someone, somewhere out there that has a warehouse, shed, lot, anything... has potentially got the little CSX917D Mini AT Tower I'm dreaming of. I look forward to seeing what the holidays bring.