VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
smeezekitty wrote:

Just because it is CPU limited doesn't mean it isn't worth it for extra features.
Old Geforce cards are not that uncommon

Yes, I agree completely. However, I'm trying to keep my collection of old spare parts to a minimum. I'm also going to build this Dell and give it to my brother. He's not much of a retro-gamer and only plays old games infrequently. For his purposes, it'll be great! 1ghz Coppermine and Ti4800SE should even run Splinter Cell OK. Any GLIDE-only games can be handled with a wrapper.

If this were my system I would max it out with all the goodies, but it isn't. So, this will be good enough, I'll keep expenses to a minimum, and I'll also get rid of some spare parts.

Reply 21 of 21, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KT7AGuy wrote:

Yes, I agree completely. However, I'm trying to keep my collection of old spare parts to a minimum. I'm also going to build this Dell and give it to my brother. He's not much of a retro-gamer and only plays old games infrequently. For his purposes, it'll be great! 1ghz Coppermine and Ti4800SE should even run Splinter Cell OK. Any GLIDE-only games can be handled with a wrapper.

If this were my system I would max it out with all the goodies, but it isn't. So, this will be good enough, I'll keep expenses to a minimum, and I'll also get rid of some spare parts.

Splinter Cell has been mentioned - GeForce 4 Ti is the only answer. 😊