VOGONS

Reply 40 of 48, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That looks like the KITT module (brain, computer, whatever...) when the car was almost destroyed, and they had to put it inside a portable enclosure until they could rebuild the car.

Reply 42 of 48, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
ReeseRiverson wrote:
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

Probably a SuperDisk LS-120 drive, which is itself very interesting (never had one of those myself).

Yeah, I believe that's it there! I just never got to play with it. 🤣

You could unplug the standard floppy drive and plug in the LS-120 instead, just for kicks 🤣

ReeseRiverson wrote:

My other desktop cases do have turbo buttons and lamps. Except one which is my 386 Packard Bell, and only has the turbo lamp. No button.

brostenen wrote:
devius wrote:

How do you switch turbo on and off then? 😕

Can't remember what system. Yet I clearly remember systems on wich turbo was applied through keyboard button combinations.
If it was during boot or when Dos ran, I simply can not remember anymore. (the bios reported how, during boot)

I believe my uncle's 486 Packard Bell used the Alt-S key combo to switch turbo on and off from the DOS prompt.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 43 of 48, by ReeseRiverson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
ReeseRiverson wrote:
JayCeeBee64 wrote:

Probably a SuperDisk LS-120 drive, which is itself very interesting (never had one of those myself).

Yeah, I believe that's it there! I just never got to play with it. 🤣

You could unplug the standard floppy drive and plug in the LS-120 instead, just for kicks 🤣

Makes me wonder if I can use the drive as a standard boot floppy drive. Though yeah, I could do just that. 😀

Now you also make me think about my 386 Packard Bell, I need to get into the BIOS and write down the info before too long. So I can change out the original barrel battery before it causes problems. I've been EXTREMELY fortunate it hasn't done anything wrong so far.

Reply 44 of 48, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

LS-120 is supposed to be compatible with standard floppies, and I've seen the LS-120 option in the boot menu on some BIOSes. I never actually knew what a LS-120 was until I read this thread though.

Reply 45 of 48, by ReeseRiverson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
devius wrote:

LS-120 is supposed to be compatible with standard floppies, and I've seen the LS-120 option in the boot menu on some BIOSes. I never actually knew what a LS-120 was until I read this thread though.

Now that you brought that up, that sounds vaguely familiar, I may have seen that in some BIOS options myself. Though like you, never knew what it originally was for. 🤣

Reply 46 of 48, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ReeseRiverson wrote:
It sounds like you are talking about something like this that I have: […]
Show full quote
oerk wrote:

I had a similar case with speakers, though mine had a turbo button, LCD display with three digits, 1/4" headphone out and two 1/4" mic ins (with separate level controls), from about 1994.

Anyone know about these? Would love to have one again.

It sounds like you are talking about something like this that I have:

IMG_2580-800px.jpg

Except I no longer have the LCD MHz screen. 😢

Nope, sorry, that's not it. But this thing looks awesome!

Reply 48 of 48, by furan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
oerk wrote:

I had a similar case with speakers, though mine had a turbo button, LCD display with three digits, 1/4" headphone out and two 1/4" mic ins (with separate level controls), from about 1994.

Anyone know about these? Would love to have one again.

maybe https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AT-DESKTOP-T … 2-/173064012622