VOGONS

First post, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the new case I ordered from Newegg is AT compatible. With AT cases getting harder and harder to find I thought I would share which model that is, and maybe start a thread where members could share what new cases in their experiences are AT compatible and/or AT cases that we find and don't need ourselves.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … 010&ignorebbr=1

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 2 of 6, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Around where I live they are pretty difficult to find. People do not hold onto old electronics and we did not start to get real internet service until the mid 2000's, the single oldest pc I have found was a 233 socket 7 pc that was an office machine that someone took home after the business they worked for retired it. Also when you add in the shipping of ebay cases you end up paying close to $100, when you do find them for good prices they get snatched up fairly quickly.

Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 4 of 6, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

True enough. I have not been on the lookout online for systems for a long time TBH, always more looking for that single part to finish off a build and not accumulate any more unneeded parts. Having a box of 486 parts and no AT case gets annoying after awhile! Parts to complement what is already on hand. Seattle is pretty great for retro gear but I live up in the mountains in a tiny town. Every trip down that way is like a journey to civilization 😊

Reply 5 of 6, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the new case I ordered from Newegg is AT compatible. With AT cases getting harder and harder to find I thought I would share which model that is, and maybe start a thread where members could share what new cases in their experiences are AT compatible and/or AT cases that we find and don't need ourselves.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … 010&ignorebbr=1

So glad to see that these hec cases are back in Stock!

I have about 8 of these cases in beige and they are awesome.

Check out this topic where there's some discussion on this case... Re: Top 90's machine actually it was just me commenting on it 🤣

Reply 6 of 6, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been waiting around for them to get the beige one back in stock forever, but they are so nice I don't mind the black really! The only problem I have found is that you have to be wary of the ram slot positions on your motherboard or they will block the 3.5 bays.