VOGONS

First post, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I own a HP T5700 ThinClient which has an ATI Radeon 7000m 16mb graphic card on board. I Installed Dos 6.22 Windows 95 OSR 2.5 and 98se on it. I use it for old software and games.

For Windows 98 I found all drivers, for dos I still lacking the Audio drivers. But on Windows 95 I need the Video driver. I'm unable to find one. I tried some from Majorgeeks and the omega driver, bur those only seems to work on 98 and newer. Also on the ATI site the oldest driver is for 98/me and not for 95.

So does a 95 driver exist? Where to download.

Oh and by the way... USB support on 95 OSR2.5, is that possible? (on Dos 6.22 I managed to get an USB DVD player working).

Reply 2 of 12, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried that, but it won't. Neither the Omega as the original ATI driver. Furthermore I tested some Dell Driver. It will install, but than when I want to change the resolution I receive a message of a not supported setting and and it will go back to 640x480 at 16 colours.

/edit: I got the error message The .EXE file is linked to missing export USER32.DLL So the driver tries to call a routine that does not exist in the Win95. So maybe i need an updated. Will try to update.

/edit2: Does someone know were to find a win95 update collection to download. On the MS site is nothing. I found a bundle for 98, but didn't find any win95 stuff.

Reply 5 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

VBEMP might be worth a try.
http://www.navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbe9x.htm

As for update collections, something at http://erpman1.tripod.com/w9xmeupd.html might work.

USB support under OSR2 is very limited. You might be able to get an external drive to work, as you say, but probably not much more than that. You may need a patch named usbsupp.exe .

Reply 6 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

VBEMP might be worth a try.
http://www.navozhdeniye.narod.ru/vbe9x.htm

No good for D3D gaming tho, if that's his end goal.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 12, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well 3d gaming is not what i want to do on this installation.

And USB, under DOS 6.22 i habe an external DVD-player and USB harddisk/stick working (FAT 16 ofcourse). So hope this is also possible in W95 (maybe just useing the same drivers whwhhahhahah)...

Reply 11 of 12, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

Not alwyas a solution that works. USB mass storage drivers for Win9x is a VERY hit-or-miss thing. I'm not even sure if USB mass storage drivers exist for DOS either.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 12 of 12, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As Mr. 78 already indicated, he's gotten USB mass storage devices to work in DOS. The drivers are definitely out there, but they also definitely don't work on all chipsets.