VOGONS

How do you store your old hardware?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Cards and MBs are in plastic antistatic bags, and into cardboard boxes. RAMs and CPUs are in original packaging (like those small plastic trays) if available, or smaller cardboard boxes, again with antistatic bags. HDDs are in those flimsy plastic packages and again into some cardboard boxes. I don't have much to store actually: 40-50 cards, 5-6 mobos, 8-10 HDDs, a couple of floppy and optical drives, plenty of RAM, 15-20 CPUs, too many adapters and cables, and some other stuff. 2 - 3 shelves in a book case is enough to store them all.

To say the truth, I love my hardware in computer cases and in working condition, rather than in storage..🤣

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 21 of 22, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just stack them as is in cardboard boxes with covers to keep dust out for HDs' and CDROMs. Laptops are on metal racks, computers that are not in use get stacked up in the basement. Cards get stuffed into plastic storage bins (non staticy kind) some have ESD bags some don't (common stuff).

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 22 of 22, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kitten_Techs.jpg

I use PC cases. Twelve of them are filled to max with hdd, optical drive and all pci / isa / agp slots populated. IDE cables are kept on a big box. but still I have a couple cardbox.