VOGONS

Dimension 4100 Intel BIOS

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm using one of those modded Tualatins in my intel D815EEA board and it works fine. I'm using the p10 bios. The CPU didnt work in the board with the P11 bios, I got this error: https://i.imgur.com/vfgHhF4.jpg. I added the bios update I used, no idea if it works on the dell board though. It runs from with in windows btw.

Attachments

• Filename
    eaap10eb.exe
    File size
    1.24 MiB
    Downloads
    54 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 21 of 26, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cxm717 wrote:

I'm using one of those modded Tualatins in my intel D815EEA board and it works fine. I'm using the p10 bios. The CPU didnt work in the board with the P11 bios, I got this error: https://i.imgur.com/vfgHhF4.jpg. I added the bios update I used, no idea if it works on the dell board though. It runs from with in windows btw.

Thank you so much! I will try this on my friend's Dell as soon as I meetup with him next.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 23 of 26, by mbliss11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys thanks for all of the grunt work in doing this! Just wanted to see what the status was after as I have just literally flashed my 4100 bios to P10 and was able to score a modded Tualatin and a motherboard on ebay for 30 bucks but I want to use the chip in my dell. Did you run into any problems after installing? I read a few forums that said some people who had done this were not able to get 98se to boot due to a protection error. As I await my new Tualatin just want to be prepared for any possible hiccups. Also any cooler recommendations?

I have been a long time lurker of this site and finally decided to join been having way too much fun playing with these relics from my childhood and am slowly becoming an obsolete tech hoarder haha

Current Builds:

486DX4 VLB Motherboard Cirrus Logic PTI-5426VL and a SB16
Pentium 100 Gateway GL5100 AWE32 (has become my primary DOS rig and fits nicely under my NEC MultiSync XV15)
Pentium MMX 233 With Voodoo 2 and ATI 128Pro AGP AWE64
Celeron 433 with Voodoo 3 AWE64 (Another Dell that I flashed an Intel Bios on to get the Celeron on there Slot1 66FSB very stable)
Pentium 3 933 Dell DImension 4100 (Have on order a AOPEN AW744L and a GeForce 4 Ti4200 that I am going to throw into this one)

I have another MMX 233 and another board I want to get up and running at some point. Will probably be gifting some of these to friends as I am beginning to run out of space in the man cave for all this stuff haha

Reply 24 of 26, by mbliss11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update - just installed the processor and all is well! Detected by the 4100 and got a score over 10,000 in 3DMark2000. Currently installing Dungeon Siege and hoping to get some better FPS 😀 Thanks to all for their previous work in making my 4100 the best it can be!

Reply 25 of 26, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

mbliss11,

Did you have to use a modified BIOS in your 4100 to make it all work? How about mounting the HSF? Was there any issue with that?

There used to be a guy on eBay selling modded Tualatin 1400s. Is he still around? I can't find that listing anymore.

Reply 26 of 26, by mbliss11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

KT7AGuy - I used the BIOS listed by ElementalChaos on the first page of the thread the P10 version. It was an Intel board bios but not modified.

Mounting the heatsink I ended up bending the tension arm so it didn't apply too much force on the processor. All was well with that too 😀

I think you can still get them from the guy on Ebay.

I am not sure if that was my CPU I got it with a dual CPU board from a seller on Ebay but it looks just like the one I have.