VOGONS

First post, by majord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI all

first post! ,

I have noticed a few of you guys (at least) have this board, and was hoping someone would be able to help me in my quest.

I have a rev 1.7 VL/I 486V2 version of this.. which as some would know, consists of the GX4 PCB with some bits missing. Peeling the sticker off the board reveals the full GX4 part no. So i am trying to populate the Regulator section, but I am unsure of a couple of components. namely:

R45, R46 , and it seems some boards had the LP2951 regulator + a bypass transistor in U20 /Q4 , whilst others had an LT1085 3 terminal reg in this posiition and no LP2951 fitted. Lastly, the 7404 logic chip. I'm not sure its purpose in this application, but the slightly different Rev 2.0 board I found a pic off shows it fitted.

Not fussed which way I go, but would love to have an example to go off. Any help greatly appreciated!

pic of the section in question (clicky for hi res):

-Edit.

I have completed the cponversion and since installed an Am5x86 on this board. The modifications and info achive this are documented here:

Thanks for the pic's!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjjvk2jtebps2xj/rev … 205x86.doc?dl=0

5tyb3hZm.jpg

Last edited by majord on 2015-07-11, 01:50. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, would have helped you, but my board is mounted deep inside a case and taking picture of this part of the board is not possible without removing it.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 4, by brad1982_5

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if this is of any help to you.

My board is the VL/I-486SVGOX4 which I believe is near identical to the VL/I-486V2GX4. It has 4x 30pin and 2x72pin instead of 4x 72pin memory slots.

I believe the large capacitor by C35 is 330uf 16V but not to sure. What is it you're trying to achieve? Is it something to do with CPU voltage?
My board version is V1.5
Capture2.jpg
WP_20150515_19_59_55_Raw.jpg
Capture.jpg

Reply 3 of 4, by majord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the pics guys. I hadn't checked the thread for a while as I didn't get any response, and ended up nutting it out the hard way. along with eventually getting full Writeback support for the 5x86 using the rev2.1 BIOS.

I've edited the OP and uploaded instructions for all the above

Had I seen the post above I may have added the extra FET, but it's fine for 3.45v 350nm chips at least.
Does your R 1.5v board support automatic voltage detection as it stands? What about Write back support?

cheers

Reply 4 of 4, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
majord wrote:

Does your R 1.5v board support automatic voltage detection as it stands? What about Write back support?s

SVGO(X4) revision 1.5 is parallel to SV2G(X4) rev 2.0 from what I can tell, identical in everything but the memory slot configuration which comes with two extra jumpers. Been running the SV2GX4 beta BIOS and all the associated features just fine.

SV2GX4 2.1 made some changes after them, adding a second CPU voltage setting jumper for more options. I can't say anything about automatic detection exactly.

My big-red-switch 486