VOGONS

Should I rescue this stuff?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by frisky dingo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
joe6pack wrote:
A nice letter thanking me for my purchase of a PS/2. You're welcome IBM! http://i.imgur.com/lkZIwORl.jpg […]
Show full quote

A nice letter thanking me for my purchase of a PS/2. You're welcome IBM!
lkZIwORl.jpg

Try calling one of those 1-800 nubs. If by some miracle they pick up ask them how to get battle toads working on a IBM ps/2 pc.

EDIT: Also this is cool. Wonder is the floppys are still good? But I don't know if you should open it any more.

Reply 21 of 26, by joe6pack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
frisky dingo wrote:

Try calling one of those 1-800 nubs. If by some miracle they pick up ask them how to get battle toads working on a IBM ps/2 pc.

EDIT: Also this is cool. Wonder is the floppys are still good? But I don't know if you should open it any more.

The first one is out of service, tells you to go to IBM.com. What is internet?

I called the second one and it's some win a Caribbean cruise nonsense. I hope I didn't just give them my number 🤣

I also wondered if the floppies are any good. I really don't think I'm going any further, though that PC DOS manual would be super handy.

Reply 22 of 26, by frisky dingo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
joe6pack wrote:
The first one is out of service, tells you to go to IBM.com. What is internet? […]
Show full quote
frisky dingo wrote:

The first one is out of service, tells you to go to IBM.com. What is internet?

I called the second one and it's some win a Caribbean cruise nonsense. I hope I didn't just give them my number 🤣

I also wondered if the floppies are any good. I really don't think I'm going any further, though that PC DOS manual would be super handy.

it's a joke. Best done to a pawn shop.

Reply 24 of 26, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
Can not be 6.64/gal... That's too much for even the US. The price in the us, is roughly 1/3 and shurely less than 50% price comp […]
Show full quote
joe6pack wrote:

I believe that'd be $1.71 per litre so roughly $6.46/gal.

Can not be 6.64/gal... That's too much for even the US.
The price in the us, is roughly 1/3 and shurely less than 50% price compared to Denmark.
A higher pricetag just seem quite wrong or off in some way.

Here in denmark, the price is (I just calculate using the current Kroners vs. US-Dollars),
roughly 1.18 dollars for one litre of gasoline.
So... One gallon of gasoline have the pricetag of 4,4 Us-Dollars here in Denmark.

It's actually 8 kroners for one litre of gasoline, and the prices has been going down.
A couple of years ago, the price was somewhere between 12 and 15 Kroners a litre.

In Sweden today the gas price is close to 14 SEK / litre
(14/8.30)*3.7585 = ~6.30. We pay ~$6.30 for a gallon of gas.
I drive the last real Vovlo, the 960 which isnt that economical...

Last edited by Skyscraper on 2015-05-13, 14:25. Edited 1 time in total.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 25 of 26, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
frisky dingo wrote:

Most places where I'm at in the US sell 87, 89 and 93. but I few places still sell 83 and 85.

Below 90? Wow! 😳

Octane is measured differently in the US than in Europe. I don't know the translation from one to the other, but that's why the numbers are so different. Ours in the US is the average of 2 different measuring methods. I think Europe uses 1 of those methods but not the other.
Octane doesn't need to be as high at high altitudes. 87 is the cheap gas in most places, but in high altitude areas it goes lower.