VOGONS

First post, by Mates2106

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, my friend gave me this mainboard and I want to test it (+ possibly use for retro gaming PC), but I´m not sure about the settings of JP1,JP31,JP39 and JP40. Their settings are probably original, but I want to be sure - AT board are getting rare, so I don´t want to damage it.
Manual tells nothing about the purpose of these jumpers.

Reply 1 of 3, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have no idea what kind of board that is but I often use "PC Engineers Reference Book Volume 2" to check jumper settings when it comes to boards I do not have manuals for.

I bet Google books has it.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 2 of 3, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

http://support.octek.com.au/Products/MainBoar … 1/mb_p1_008.htm

that might help or then again maybe not 😀 part of the manual seems to be chinese or something like that...hope it helps

:edit: but then again...there's seems to be no information about those jumpers you mentioned neither, same manual that you already have i suppose... could it be that those jumpers are factorysettings and they should be as they are. If they're not mentioned in manual I think that nobody had ever any reason to tamper with them. But that's only me 😀 As long as voltages and clocks are in cpu limits I can't see any harm done if you test that board, but then again, it's just me..

Reply 3 of 3, by Mates2106

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your replies, but that book only refers to Octek webpage and their manual doesn´t contain any information about those jumpers. I hope their settings are original, but you know - some people like to play with small things. Maybe I should try to ask Octek directly.