Video editing hardware with DSP?

ujsfTzkl.jpg

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 15, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They could be cards from an Arcade machine maybe?

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 2 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The amount of DSPs on it is amazing. There is also an Tseng Labs Graphics chip and an Crystal audio chip.
Plus they link together.

Reply 6 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Philips part is 100% video, i have seen that chip on some other cards that i am sure are video cards (video toaster).
There is a lot of Motorola DSPs as well, and what it seems to be an AMD made processor (intel clone probably, cant tell).
Could quite possibly be an arcade machine hardware.

---

Or it could be something totally useless such as Telephone central hardware 🤣

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PictureTel-Board-P500 … 7-/130847608667

[Edit]

Found this info:
Top card: LUCENT P500-0109-04R VIDEO ADAPTER
Bottom card: LUCENT P500-0089-04R I/O MODEM ADAPTER

Reply 7 of 15, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Might be some server stuff. They keep popping up as server cards, or side by side of server parts, when they are googled.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 8 of 15, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stojke wrote:
Philips part is 100% video, i have seen that chip on some other cards that i am sure are video cards (video toaster). There is a […]
Show full quote

Philips part is 100% video, i have seen that chip on some other cards that i am sure are video cards (video toaster).
There is a lot of Motorola DSPs as well, and what it seems to be an AMD made processor (intel clone probably, cant tell).
Could quite possibly be an arcade machine hardware.

---

Or it could be something totally useless such as Telephone central hardware 🤣

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PictureTel-Board-P500 … 7-/130847608667

[Edit]

Found this info:
Top card: LUCENT P500-0109-04R VIDEO ADAPTER
Bottom card: LUCENT P500-0089-04R I/O MODEM ADAPTER

According to the ebay link, PictureTel was a pioneer on videoconference solutions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PictureTel_Corp.

Reply 12 of 15, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My money is on that it's part of the boardset that was in a Picturetel videoconferencing machine. The ISA bus for the most part would be far too slow to move audio and video data between the cards so that top cable provided a high speed interconnect. The connections on the back would go to microphones, remote control interfaces and the serial port on one of their PTZ cameras with the RCA connector being the composite input from the camera. I was looking for one of these years ago before Skype came around full-swing. Now they just look pretty because with all that tech on them they were VERY expensive cards.

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif

Reply 13 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome, they do look and feel really nice. All the components are high quality, especially the PCB.
I have tested them both inside of my retro computer, with out knowing with what system and drivers they work with I only managed to test the VIDEO part, and that is Tseng Labs ET4000/W32I. Tseng Labs ET4000/W32I has 1MB of memory and two empty sockets for an additional MB (2x512kB). I've got an 3DBench2 (super scape) scoure of 45.8FPS out of it (Pentium 133MHz Socket 5).

From what I can see it has a lot of Video processing hardware. CL-PX2070 (x2), CL-PX2080, AT&T AV4220, AT&T xx71 (part of the name is scratched off), Philips SAA715, and an Xilinix XC3090 and lots of other logic.
The other card has an Crystal CS4216, 80186-20 processor, Zilog telecommunication hardware (plus other of the same type), more AT&T stuff, Texas Instruments DSP, another Xilinix XC3090, some motorola stuff, etc.
There is a lot of different amounts of memory on both boards.

Reply 15 of 15, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Might be museum stuff, but I have no interest into it if I can not use it.
Things like these are something I take a few pictures of and move them on to some one else.

Would be awesome if I could start them up fully, but seeing that company and card info is ultra rare and almost non existent from my searches, drivers are also probably impossible to find. Unless this is a pure hardware card, which makes things a hell lot more interesting.

Would be cool to try to install one more MB to the Tseng Labs ET4000/W32I memory slots 😁