User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

CTCU doesn't run on MS-DOS 7.1.

This can be fixed quite easily:
https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ctpnp-dos7/

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 24 of 47, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I assume its an issue with the mobo as a SB16 PNP won't work correctly either. So if I can't fix this, I'll just get a new mobo.

Last edited by MrEWhite on 2015-06-02, 11:17. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 27 of 47, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You stated that it works if you disable the AWE, is that disabling everything that loads or just the Mixerset line. When you set the resources in Win98, they are supposed to also be saved to your ATOEXEC.BAT file (IIRC, don't have Win9x hande to look into it.) Some things you can check:

In Windows, check the settings in device manager, and make sure they all match what AUTOEXEC.BAT sets them too. Then, using windows if you have to, make sure that the settings in Blood+ also match. Then try to play the game while in DOS.

If it still fails, get back into setup (using windows if you have too,) and disable all music (MIDI,) and give it a try. Also, you could REM out the MIXERSET line in autoexec.bat so that the AWE redirect doesn't go into effect. The first would could pinpoint that MIDI is the issue, while the second to indicate it's the card or if it is something else.

Feeding Dragon

Reply 28 of 47, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FeedingDragon wrote:

You stated that it works if you disable the AWE, is that disabling everything that loads or just the Mixerset line. When you set the resources in Win98, they are supposed to also be saved to your ATOEXEC.BAT file (IIRC, don't have Win9x hande to look into it.) Some things you can check:

In Windows, check the settings in device manager, and make sure they all match what AUTOEXEC.BAT sets them too. Then, using windows if you have to, make sure that the settings in Blood+ also match. Then try to play the game while in DOS.

If it still fails, get back into setup (using windows if you have too,) and disable all music (MIDI,) and give it a try. Also, you could REM out the MIXERSET line in autoexec.bat so that the AWE redirect doesn't go into effect. The first would could pinpoint that MIDI is the issue, while the second to indicate it's the card or if it is something else.

I already gave up, its an issue with the mobo as my SB16 didnt work either.

Reply 30 of 47, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrEWhite wrote:

Same thing happens on a PPro machine, but if I bring up the boot menu and select command prompt only, it works fine. Any fix?

That's one way of booting into MS-DOS mode. So what's the problem? When doesn't it work?

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 31 of 47, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:
MrEWhite wrote:

Same thing happens on a PPro machine, but if I bring up the boot menu and select command prompt only, it works fine. Any fix?

That's one way of booting into MS-DOS mode. So what's the problem? When doesn't it work?

When booting into MS-DOS mode through Windows from the start menu shutdown button.

Reply 32 of 47, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That makes no sense, very weird.

You might be better off installing MS-DOS 6.22 as there seems to be something that is wrongly configured between your Windows 98 and MS-DOS mode.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 34 of 47, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Probably when the Windows drivers start, they do set something in your hardware that triggers these issues, and they don't get reset when you just drop to DOS mode afterwards... you're better off just skipping Windows to begin with (like you are already doing, through the startup menu). I wonder if doing so in your previous PC would also get it working.

Reply 36 of 47, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure. Did it work before the USP3? If not, I'd suspect the AWE64 drivers before the Voodoo ones. I'd disable either the Voodoo or the AWE driver in Windows, reboot, THEN drop down to DOS and test until you find the culprit.

Reply 37 of 47, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alexanrs wrote:

Not sure. Did it work before the USP3? If not, I'd suspect the AWE64 drivers before the Voodoo ones. I'd disable either the Voodoo or the AWE driver in Windows, reboot, THEN drop down to DOS and test until you find the culprit.

Dont even have the Voodoo 2s installed.
Using the DVD drivers for the AWE64.

Reply 39 of 47, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can you post the full contents of your:

1) DOSSTART.BAT
2) AUTOEXEC.BAT
3) CONFIG.SYS

I don't have any time to look at this now, but you/ others should be able to figure out any inconsistencies there.

Also locate MSDOS.SYS in your Root directory by:

1) Unhinding files in Windows
2) Uncheck its Read-only attribute
3) Edit the file, so that BOOTGUI = 0, and nothing else.
4) Save file, make it Read-only again and Hide it.

When you reboot your system, you'll go straight to DOS. If you need Windows, just type WIN.