VOGONS

First post, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently acquired this little Motherboard:
2yzbqmc.jpg
It's a beauty, but for some reason, will not boot. Every time I turn on the AT PSU, it just quietly clicks at me (fan moves very slightly on PSU).
My 486 motherboards work with the PSU, so I think that I've narrowed it down to the 286 Motherboard.
I checked all power connections, standoffs, and peripherals. Everything seems to be fine.
Another Picture:
2eej8np.jpg

I believe that the Motherboard is called: HAM/12-V2.
286 is not my strong suit, so any advice is appreciated.

Reply 1 of 3, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If the PSU is shutting down you have a short circuit on a voltage rail. Take a multimeter and measure the resistance between each voltage pin and ground on the AT power connector, once you identify the shorted rail we can start narrowing it down.

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 3 of 3, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
133MHz wrote:

If the PSU is shutting down you have a short circuit on a voltage rail. Take a multimeter and measure the resistance between each voltage pin and ground on the AT power connector, once you identify the shorted rail we can start narrowing it down.

OK. I dug out my multimeter and I'm trying to figure out what range I'm looking for. Sadly, I know very little about electrical engineering, so I'm hoping that ~182 on each of the 5V connectors is normal (I won't be offended if you laugh at me). 🤣 Please bear with me, as I'm really trying to figure this out.

badmojo wrote:

Has that battery started to go? Maybe it's burnt through a trace.

I have done a close examination of the battery and it looks to be in new condition.

Thank you, guys (or girls, I really don't know your genders) for your assistance thus far.