VOGONS

Can't get Wolf3D working on WIN95 rig...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 21, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ocdmonkey wrote:

I tried making it a DOS/Win3.1 machine (since there are some Win16 games I play on it) but was having such a hard time with drivers (and weird text appearing in Soleau Software games) that I decided to scrap that idea until another day, since Windows 95 automatically installed all the drivers for me.

Windows 3.1 is pretty painful. Fortunately, most Win16 games you might want to play work perfectly fine in Windows 95. (Microsoft was very careful about compatibility at the time.)

Reply 21 of 21, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have to admit that Newwolf runs very laggy on my PII with Voodoo1 (with the same machine and a voodoo3 it was ok)
There must be an issue with the opengl32.dll and newwolf. I think I should try WolfGL if I find a working version of it.

DoomGL, GLheretic and GLhexen run good on my machine. But there are graphical issues like the flickering blood-texture when
killing mosters and corrupted floor-textures when looking on the ground. Would be very nice if these things could have been fixed.
I have to play them all on my Voodoo1 because they don't work on the matroxM3D and there is no opengl32.dll for my G200 Matrox.
Another issue is the Gamepad-Support. DoomGL1+2 and GLHeretic were fine; GLhexen does not work correct with my Gravis-Gamepad.

Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines