VOGONS

First post, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. I just got that LTE. It is mint condition, and sound on it is just great. However I have two problems with it:
1. Bios has no almost no options. When you start it, it waits two minutes doing nothing, then it fires up hdd. Is there a way to update the BIOS to make it faster? Anybody did that?
2. Graphics card. It is great, everything works on it, however there is that uncalled graphics. There is no way to fix it? I noticed that you can stretch a screen with FN+T, but is there is anyway to use full screen in dos? Some program maybe? Driver?

Reply 1 of 4, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How much memory is there on this thing? God knows old PCs can take their sweet time checking the memory during startup, you can try finding anything that might disable that. Alternatively, you can remove memory to see if it does anything. Maybe it is taking long detecting HDDs as well.

Reply 4 of 4, by kleung21

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
NJRoadfan wrote on 2015-07-21, 02:25:

Downgrade the BIOS to the previous revision. The last BIOS release for the machine has a bug that causes that stupid delay on boot.

Many years later.... I just picked up a COMPAQ LTE 5280 and it has the same issue. I've read about this bios problem on previous threads. Great to have enthusiasts supporting each other and just wanted to bump up/add to knowledge base.

Thx