VOGONS

First post, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the same problem on 2 videocards,1 with d-sub and 1 with dvi.
When i plug the monitor cable,the image on the screen has a blueish tint.
If i jiggle the connector a little i get to a position where the colours are fine,but as soon as i let go it becomes blueish again
It's clear the connectors on the videocard are the culprit,is there another solution except changing them?

Reply 2 of 10, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

When I had a similar issue, it turned out to be the actual cable. Twisting the cable near the connector would trigger it.

You can try a DVI to VGA dongle and see if you get the same issue.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 3 of 10, by seob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also had a similar problem with my amiga monitor, but in this case it was the one of the pins on the connector that had a broken trace on the motherboard. Guess it broke of after many years of plugging and unplugging it.
But as others have said, first try a different cable.

Reply 4 of 10, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't think it's the cable since i only get the problem with this 2 cards,other cards i used don't give me the issue.
Changing the cable it's impossible since it's not detachable from the monitor.
In the case of the dvi video card i need to use a dongle since the monitor had only d-sub,but also with the dongle i get the same issue.

Reply 5 of 10, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you make sure that the cable and the dongle (in cases where there is a dongle) is very well secured with the screws?

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 6 of 10, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes I did, with them screwed in the colours are wrong, only by unscrewing them and holding the connector wth my hand in a certain position, I get corect image, as soon as I let go it turns blue again.

Reply 8 of 10, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alexanrs wrote:

Could the solder joints of the connector be broken, and when you hold the wire in position they make contact? Try diagnosing it with magnifying lenses.

Or just reflow them with a soldering iron

Reply 9 of 10, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

is there any oxidation on the connectors? It can be hard to tell. Anyways this stuff has worked well for me on multiple oxidation problems. It's just a good electronics contact cleaner.

DeOxit

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 10 of 10, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got another monitor and checked the cards again.
The 1 with the d-sub doesn't display the problem with the new monitor.
The dvi 1 still has the problem,if i move the cable in some position the screen even goes blank.
I took pictures of the dvi connectors seems to be corosion on them.

IMG_2324_zps4pf8diru.jpg

IMG_2323_zpspwfpeea7.jpg

IMG_2322_zpsvhddotyv.jpg

I tried spraying them with some electronic contact spray,the 1 i have is used for car electronics,but no results.