VOGONS

First post, by ScoutPilot19

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all ! My collection of "classic PC's" began with a Compaq Contura 430CX machine. It's a nice laptop with active TFT screen and a 486DX4-100 CPU, but there is a problem - it receives CTR+ALT+DEL command, but when three common keys are pressed, they are not "felt" by the machine - so it's impossible to play Doom class games - when for example it's necessary to press SHIFT, arrow keys and CTRl a time ... Can this problem be solved by a patch or somehow ?

Reply 1 of 2, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So if when playing doom the arrow keys work, ctrl works, shift works by themselves just not when you press all of them at the same time correct?

This is a limit of the keyboard and very common
http://blog.controlspace.org/2010/08/n-key-ro … and-how-to.html

Lucky it is easy to fix! just need to buy a better keyboard! Some are better then others. an easy test is to hold down both shifts and type the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. I had a keyboard that only failed on 1 or 2 letters, others failed many many more.

Reply 2 of 2, by Nvm1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Odd, tested it on my Compaq contura 400cx and I can press all three and it works as it should.
Perhaps you have a keyboard of a different supplier which might be a bit lazy. 🤣