VOGONS

Reply 20 of 31, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And I have a different model, Soyo SY-P4I845PEISA. It has 3 ISA slots too, with the IT8712F-A bridge and SB and GUS worked perfectly in it. The chipset is the same i845 and it only supports single channel DDR. This is still an extra for a DOS capable board, I don't have anything else past SDRAM. My HP KC19+ (which is an i820 slot1/RDRAM board) has problems wigh GUS DMA though it seemed to like SB16.

Oh the Soyo has conventional Evercon electrolytic caps.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 21 of 31, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is really cool. I haven't seen a socket 478 board with more than a single ISA slot, and they usually go for hundreds of dollars on ebay. 120$ isn't too bad... a little less than you would pay for a good slot 1 board with a slotkey tualatin.

I have an 865PE chipsets, and of course no ISA. It does let me assign an IRQ preference for the PCI slots though, and I might get lucky with the DMA. Nothing beats ISA for DOS thought. Good find 😀

Reply 22 of 31, by sajmon1100

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

maybe try to rip bios from soyo and upload to portwell? In bios portwell, I have the irq assignment options for the isa port, but there is no dma allocation option .i can`t find new bios for this mb portwell.This same mobo has another name . It`s Diebold MBATX-845E-G2B

Reply 23 of 31, by johnnynismo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After 4 years, I'm just now coming back to this system. I've built up quite a collection of other hardware I've been playing with in the interim. Since y'all have some interest again, I'll work with this system a little more. Right now I only have WinXP installed. I need to try 98, DOS, and an ISA sound card. I'll finally be using this for its original intended use (I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried even an ISA sound card yet).

Reply 26 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

An ISA sound card will work just fine in that motherboard. See the ITE bridge chip. The motherboard chipset supports what is needed for ISA DMA and the bridge chip enables it.

I've got an ATX board somewhat like this and I also have 1 rackmount industrial SBC setup put together with parts for 2 more setups. All have AGP, PCI and ISA and are socket 478 Pentium 4.

I'm still waiting to find the LGA 775 SBC for this type of setup but I have never even seen a picture of one other than from the mfg and resellers who used to sell them.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 27 of 31, by themajortechie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
johnnynismo wrote on 2019-07-27, 22:17:

After 4 years, I'm just now coming back to this system. I've built up quite a collection of other hardware I've been playing with in the interim. Since y'all have some interest again, I'll work with this system a little more. Right now I only have WinXP installed. I need to try 98, DOS, and an ISA sound card. I'll finally be using this for its original intended use (I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried even an ISA sound card yet).

Apologies for necro-ing, but did you ever do any of the testing you said you'd do?

Reply 28 of 31, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think Tonkus recently came across a isa socket 775 mobo. Lemme tag him and see if he can share.

Edit:

https://www.attro.com/motherboard/MB865.htm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32905360011.html

Last edited by Sphere478 on 2022-05-01, 04:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 29 of 31, by themajortechie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-05-01, 04:17:

I think Tonkus recently came across a isa socket 775 mobo. Lemme tag him and see if he can share.

No, the board I got is a 478 board. For now the 775 is either unobtanium or far too expensive for me to afford. 😜

Reply 30 of 31, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115337866030?hash=it … JQAAOSwpfliU8xZ

Sheesh almost $500 🤣

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)