VOGONS

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello guys, I recently acquired (pulled out of the trash) a late 90's Aptiva E Series 190 computer, but the OS was so choked it would not boot correctly. So I formatted it and reinstalled Windows 98SE, normally that would be fine but it would seem that this computer has special video and sound and as such needs a recovery disc for the drivers or the drivers themselves. So any help would be amazing, if someone could find me the disc image or the drivers for the E series computers that would be amazing. 😁

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 1 of 3, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks like that motherboard uses SiS 530 integrated video chip. Hunted around to figure out the audio but could no find out what it is, so my suggestion would be to fill one of those pci or the ISA slot with an audio card 😀 EDIT: It MAY be an ESS Solo-1 chip

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 2 of 3, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are right on both counts, the chip is an ESS Solo 1938s and the video is indeed some sort of SIS, I got drivers to take but I am not sure they are correct 🤣. Both video and audio work but the audio driver was french so the volume adjuster is in french and the video while it works seems to behave a little weird in 3d games. I'm going to check out what the chip says tomorrow. 😜

EDIT : it's an SIS 530

Last edited by King_Corduroy on 2015-10-10, 20:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!