VOGONS

Reply 21 of 28, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
candle_86 wrote:

I wouldn't really worry anymore, the virus's are all for newer versions of java and flash, and most now target IE8 or newer. Windows 98 is no longer really a target it makes up less than .03% of computers on the internet, so like 3000 total maybe

Actually, .03% of computers on the internet is around 9,811,471 computers. 😎

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 23 of 28, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
swaaye wrote:

Someone should jack a Win98 machine into the raw internet (minus any router with NAT and SPI firewall) and see if anything exciting happens.

And maybe even give it a network name like "account-pc" or "banking-pc" just it make it look more desirable xD

Reply 24 of 28, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For something interesting to happen you have to desperately try to enlarge your penis or download GoT season that has not been shot yet or whatever dumb people do on the net.

Reply 25 of 28, by Runicen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RacoonRider wrote:

For something interesting to happen you have to desperately try to enlarge your penis or download GoT season that has not been shot yet or whatever dumb people do on the net.

Hey, you won't be feeling so smug when that Nigerian prince wires me his millions. I could use it too, what with all of these mysterious withdrawals from my bank account. 🤣

Reply 27 of 28, by Runicen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alexanrs wrote:

One can always be the 1,000,000th visitor on a random site and get a shit load of cash xD

That happened to you too?! Wow. It IS a small world.

High five for mutual good luck! 🤣

Reply 28 of 28, by Sedrosken

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

These references are making me relive my early years on the net, before I had developed common sense. I hate you all for it. 🤣

Nanto: H61H2-AM3, 4GB, GTS250 1GB, SB0730, 512GB SSD, XP USP4
Rithwic: EP-61BXM-A, Celeron 300A@450, 768MB, GF2MX400/V2, YMF744, 128GB SD2IDE, 98SE (Kex)
Cragstone: Alaris Cougar, 486BL2-66, 16MB, GD5428 VLB, CT2800, 16GB SD2IDE, 95CNOIE